Laughing at yourself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laughing at yourself!

What I found personally for me helped after a few months being sober was realising that I could actually laugh at myself and my own stupidity during my halcyon and drunken days without any feeling of guilt. Laughter is always good for the soul I think so this thread I've aptly named 'laughing at yourself' and is for jokes and pics concerning alcohol or drugs!

Also this thread is for telling your story of the most idiotic thing you did when you were drunk.
    Get if off your chest and have a good laugh in the process!!

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx

p.s. I'll post my funny story a bit later on when I've chosen out of the hundreds I have!!

If anyone thinks I'm glamorising drink or drugs..I'M NOT! Alcoholism is an evil affliction and my purpose here is for you to open up and see this from another perspective in order to gain some insight through that perspective i.e. humor
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Laughing at yourself!

Okay, out of many, many, many, the most immediate that sprung to mind was January past, a neighbour came to the door at around 2am to tell me that my doggie (Charlie) had escaped ??? (think I generously let him out for a run around) and was barking and carrying on up the street at his friends house (Lassie), I said Oh thanks Ron, come on in for a drink, he said no, no, just letting you know where he is (we are close neighbours in that not in each others houses but do look out for each other) so I said, okay then... but make sure you come in at Hogmanay for a drammie..... It was 12th of January...... Ho hum, he still giggles like a girl about it.... hurumph..

L
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

If anyone wants to post pics. from websites here's how I go about it?

1.when you have found a pic on the web, place your cursor on it and right click
      2. this will bring up a menu with a list of options. highlight Copy Image Location and left click
      3. go to reply to message and do everything you would do as normal. but wherever you want to put the picture within that message click on insert image which is the small yellow square with mountains and sun/moon on, this will bring up a box which says please enter the URL of your image.
      4. delete the blue highlighted text http:// (just press delete)
      5.right click in the address section which will bring up another option box and click on paste. your URL (which you saved by right clicking before on the picture) will then appear in the box then click on OK
      you will see an address of the image in text between two brackets

6 If you want to make sure your image has been inserted before you submit you can always preview post at anytime

Hope this helps those that are not quite familiar on how to insert pictures into your posts!

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

Phew, now I really am tired out... lol. Will look back at this in the morning and write it down. I always wonder how folks here get different thingygummyjigs to come up.... tomorrow I will know..

Love Lxx

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

dearest tea:
          "come in at Hogmanay for a drammie"? "thingygummyjigs"? You are absolutely delightful, but I have no idea what the H**L you're talking about!

And Hippie: I so appreciate the spirit of this thread. But I can't for the life of me think of how puking my guts out, getting arrested, waking up with "what did you say your name was?", is ever funny. ew! And all the other stuff I just don't remember. But I'll keep thinking on it.... there's must be a good chuckle in their somewhere.........HAS to be....... hmmmmmm.....

XX Beth

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

OK who's crying and who's laughing? I'll find out who the little alkies are on here!!!LOL

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

"come in at Hogmanay for a drammie"? "thingygummyjigs"? You are absolutely delightful, but I have no idea what the H**L you're talking about!
              I'm lost as well Tea!!! please explain further!!!

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

I'm laughing AND crying hippie. But then I'm just 7 days in. The beast is still in the vicinity.......

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

The beast is always there I think Wonderworld. With me its about taming it and learning to ignore the bastard as I've done today!

Love and Happiness
                  Hippie
                  xx

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

It looks like there might be 5 full ones right there in the front... If the bottoms aren't broken out...

And it's NOT spilled milk!:H No crying here.
                    Besides, I like lighter beer.
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

Drink responsibly | Bar, Alcohol, Drinking | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at JibJab

OK own up! who's done this??!!!!

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

Nope! I must admit I've never woke up with a big blonde woman before!:H

I did end up in the wrong bedroom of a condo complex, after using the bathroom late @ night.. only by dicovering, JUST in time... that THIS guy didn't have a ponytail... And did earlier...
                        Whoops!

We were friends. I knew them both.. but NOT both of them THAT well...
                        It was during the Holidays, there was a joking comment made the next awkward morning...about the season of "giving"
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

Hippie 37 LOL LOL that was a good one

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

That was funny Hippie .......

One of my funny stories was at the very first fundraiser I ever organised .....

It was a charity ball and I was hosting it ...... I was really really nervous about speaking in public and didn't eat all day, I drank really slowly at the beginning because I couldn't possibly slur into the microphone. As soon as my speech etc was over I sat down and relaxed, my hubby and one of my closest friends both went separately to the bar and each bought me a bottle of red wine. I drank them both in about 10 mins while everyone else was dancing (about 9.30pm) and the next thing I knew I was waking up at home ..........

I had climbed onto the top table and gone to sleep ........ My friends were texting me photos all day ............

I'm hosting another one this saturday and people still remind me of it .........

Hippie, do you realise that if I adopt you your name will be Hippie Boop :H
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Laughing at yourself!

Aha, got you stumped have I.... well now.... Old Highland Legends... I will never tell, I will never tell..... Ouch!!!!!! okay then. Come in for a drammie = come in for a drink (alcohol), Hogmanay = (New Year's Eve after the Bells at 12 midnight). Thingygumjiggies = thingygumjiggies.

Lx

Comment

Working...
                              X