Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wise words

Never slap a man who is chewing tobacco. - Will Rogers

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. - Mark Twain

You only get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so many times. - Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who divide the world into two kinds of people, and those who don't. - Robert Benchley

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not. - Albert Einstein

If everybody's thinking the same thing, then nobody's thinking. - George S. Patton

Always drink upstream from the herd. - Will Rogers

I had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. - Groucho Marx

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.' - Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter)

He has no enemies, but he is intensely disliked by his friends. - Oscar Wilde
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

wise words

Oooohhh LOVE it!!
    Well done Determinatrix!

Comment

wise words

I laughed outloud! :H :H
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

wise words

William F. Buckley, Jr. ran in 1965 for mayor of New York City. As a Conservative. He did get about 13% of he vote.

He was asked what he would do if he won the race. Buckley issued his classic response in no time flat.

5 September 1965, New York Times, "Very Dark Horse in New York" by John Leo, pg. SM8:
        William F. Buckley Jr. is, in his own words, a "radical conservative running for Mayor 'half in fun.'" (...) Asked what he would do if elected, he said, "I'd demand a recount."
        Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

wise words

The great Groucho Marx once quipped, "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

Comment

wise words

"Did you ever feel like the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?" George Gobel

Comment

wise words

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." -Charles Schultz

Comment

wise words

Stole it!

Hey Bean,
                I stole that quote for myself.. hpe you don't mind, it's perfect! I'm always feeling in front of everyone! :H

Comment

Working...
                X