The Story of Kevin the Rooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor the farmer was in the fertilised egg business. He had several hundred young layers (hens), called 'pullets' and eight or ten roosters, to fertilise the pullets' eggs.

Trevor kept records and any rooster that didn't perform went into the soup pot and was replaced. That took an awful lot of his time so he bought a set of tiny bells and attached them to his roosters. Each bell had a different tone so Trevor could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing.

Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to the bells.

The farmer's favourite rooster was Kevin, and a very fine specimen he was too, but on this particular morning Trevor noticed Kevin's bell hadn't rung at all! Trevor went to investigate.

The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover but to farmer Trevor's amazement, Kevin had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring.

He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one. Trevor was so proud of Kevin, he entered him into the Brisbane Exhibition and Kevin became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The Result?

The judges not only awarded Kevin the No Bell Piece Prize but they also awarded him the Pulletsurprise as well.

tawny,
    that is no way to talk about kevin rudd
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

No shas .... I really wasn't talking about Kevin Rudd. I tried to change the name of the rooster in the heading but couldn't do it.

I'm hoping for good things from Mr Rudd .....

Comment

aren't we all!
        Shas
        Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

I'll admit I voted for him ....

Comment

Well heck..............

I thought it was funny.........

Comment

Well it was funny but who is Kevin Rudd?
              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Our new PM

The new Prime Minister of Australia he will be sworn into office next Monday and that usually doesn?t involve any swear words except from those who lost the election.

Comment

And what a fabulous STUD our Kevin is!! lol

As a public servant I too am hoping for good things from my little Kev. It was very interesting to watch the Ministerial announcments this morning.
                  It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                  X