Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father/Daughter Talk

A Father/Daughter Talk

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth. She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"

She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea, and how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the Republican party."
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Father/Daughter Talk

I like it! Good one.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

Sweet! That is good.......I will have to remember that one!

Thanks for sharing.
      "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

Nice polite analogy!
        You are disgustingly tactful.

Dx
        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

ooops
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

hmm, was that a message from Det to Detx? Anyway, good one!

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

Just gotta love this!:H
              :h Nancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

Oh Determinator...

I do love you...but please..don't get political here..because...I don't want to hate you!!!

I could so get started on this...but I won't!!!!!

Let me just say...Hillary 2008!!!!

OK You get where I am coming from!!!
                formerly known as bak310

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

Okay, I won't say who I am for.

I am not for the oldest or for the youngest or even (very sadly for me) the woman.

I am not for the Mormon or the lawyer.

Damn.

Who am I for?

Love,
                  Cindi

ps. I did vote for a woman once, it was in a primary. If she ran again, I would vote for her again. Any ideas??? LOL
                  I love trivia!!

Last time I voted I had to write in "None of the Above"

I sure hope I don't have to do that this time around!!!!!!

I DO have an abysmal primary record, though. I have never voted for a candidate who made it. sigh....
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

I would vote for Margaret Thatcher in a second!!!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

OK...luv you Determ...but...this analogy might have been true 20 years ago....but after the past 7 years with GWB........and all of his nonsense........where in the hell is the money going to come from to get this country up and moving again?????

The Middle class of course!

And.......where how have the "Conservatives" been at all conservative with our money?

Just a Friendly question, Luv
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Father/Daughter Talk

I agree...no party has been conservative. They have been plundering with reckless abandon . The Clinton/Bush years have set a new low in political standards. My boss worked in WA as a very powerful lobbyist and got to know many presidents personally over his 25 years in the beltway. To make a long story short...I certainly don't mind voting for a woman but it will NOT under any circumstances be the one that is running right now. ok, we better get back to being funny now!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X