Have a Happy Period!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a Happy Period!

I thought I had seen this here but after performing a search, could not find it.
    This is hilarious!

This is an actual letter from an Austin woman sent to American company Proctor and Gamble regarding their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first paragraph.
    It's PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best webmail-award-winning letter.

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your 'Always' maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd
    probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel
    each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from the curse'? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can
    already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.' Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customer's monthly visits from 'Aunt Flo'.
    Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just
    because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... Which brings me to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: 'Have a Happy Period.'

Are you f------ kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness, is possible during a
    menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak, there will never be anything 'happy' about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like 'Put
    down the Hammer' or 'Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong', or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bullshit. And that's a promise I will keep.

Always. . .

Best,
    Wendi Aarons
    Austin , TX
    * * I love Determinator * *

Have a Happy Period!

hi,

thats the funniest letter I have read in ages. The poor fellow wont know what hit him.

the power of a woman.!!!!

Choice

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

OMG!! :H I've got tears rolling down my face!!

I have been making fun of that dumb ass "have a happy period" commercial ever since it hit television. I told my sister all along that I bet a man came up with that advertising slogan! May be he thought that women would read and hear "have a happy period" and boom...it would be some subliminal message that would make us go easy on those poor men. Because as you know..it is only about them and not what poor women go through! LOL

That's too funny. I hope this is true and it really was mailed. Would loved to have been a fly on the wall when he read it!! :H

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Great ! this is a Pulizer Prize winner...! IAD:H
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Dx - thanks for the great smile!! Opportune and uplifting!!! What a great slogan...."Vehicular manslaughter is wrong" !!!!!!
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you found that again!!!!!!!!!!
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

That is funny...
              Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

OMG, Dx, that is so funny!!

I know this is TMI but there was a "time" when I had large fibroid tumors and was traveling. (Geez, go figure...)

This happened to me twice, DEPSITE THE WINGS!! and the TAMPAX that I had just put into place, " if you know what I mean..."

suddenly, there was ummm, eerrr, you know what dripping all over the place. I mean large
                quantities.

In the convenience store big hairy truck drivers and bikers were backing away, scared about what to do. I was standing there so embarrassed and thinking, 'BUT THE WINGS!!! and I am wearing a SUPER PLUG and it has been all of 5 minutes!!' At the office, the gentlemen were so kind, they simply backed away, got housekeeping and walked me to the bathroom. (you know, some people are just plain nice??) It was never mentioned again.. Thank God/Dog.

Glad those days are done and gone...

Too bad the hormone thing isn't and I still turn into "crazy Cindi with the carrot peeler...Unfortunately, I stay that way now...."

LOL!!

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

I love the part about having a little F-16 in your pants! I gotta send this to my husband.
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

HILARIOUS!
                    Thanks much for sharing this Dx!

and Cindi - oh how awful! Glad you can smile on the memory.
                    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

bump for St Jude and Simey - you lucky ladies.
                      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

this made me laugh so loudly it was unreal!
                        The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                        -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

It's the gauce for the cause...........! Ha! IAD
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Very Very funny. I'm just on that day of my cycle that means you don't want to make eye contact with me AT ALL, and this made me laugh. Thank you!
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Det., this is an aximoron........Happy and period should'nt be in the same sentence....... It's a curse that all ladies must endure ! Ha! IAD.......
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X