Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a Happy Period!

Devil's advocate

While I am female, have suffered much heavier periods in recent years due to fibroids which, during my pregnancy with my son, the rest of my family referred to as my son's "neighbors," I certainly sympathize, and I think Wendi's letter is hilarious and well written. But...I just think that jibes like this at the, er, "female condition," no matter how humorous or tongue-in-cheek they are, are sometimes misconstrued by ill-meaning men to keep "irrational" women "in their place."

I am not trying to stir up trouble. I have seen this letter before, and laughed myself silly too...and someone else brought up the point that I have mentioned.

No matter what, "Have a happy period" as an advertising slogan is ludicrous. Guys, sorry if that was too much information (TMI).

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

hahahahaa, good one sweetie.

i guess a bottle of MD20 could have a label like: " living under the bridge ain't so bad eh?"
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

:H Now that is not EVEN as close to being as rediculous! At least it has a slight ring of reality to it!
        :thanks:
        Good one Det!

Oh and thanks Dx for the bumpin! I had a "pretty" good day... haven't had to kill anyone ....yet.

(although, it looked like homicide had happened,... when I stood up earlier......Grr! @ least I was home & could "happily" throw my jeans in the wash...)
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Very funny! Although I think it should be "Put down the Chocolate!" instead of "Put down the knife!"

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Love it!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Mad dog........You don't know how many fishing trips I milked with Maddog ! Ha! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

ROFLMAO!!!!

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Oh God, that's funny! :H
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

The lady that wrote the letter, Wendi Aarons, has a blog. She is VERY funny!

Wendi Aarons

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Hi ! Bluey....... I see you have quite a few threads under your belt, never met you.......cool, take care! IAD
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Have a Happy Period!

Oh no, don?t go Mad Dog on me?.aaaagh. Used to work for Bacardy!! Hubby (well, future hubby to be at the time) took to the blue at one party. Yuck!! And cleaning up blue puke is sooooo much more fun than normal puke! Ha ha ha.

This PMS thing ? don?t get it myself. But why does the world turn crazy once a month. The kids suddenly go loopy, hubby needs to be throttled and other peoples driving?? where do I begin! Lol

Take care
                        xxx
                        The mind is in its own place, and in itself
                        Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Working...
                        X