I felt this apropos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt this apropos

After my horrible anniversary but still loving the guy, I recalled something about Ruth Graham (wife of Billy Graham) that always tickled my funny bone.

Ruth had once been asked whether, as a Christian, she had ever contemplated divorce.

"Her answer, was, 'Divorce? No..... Murder? Yes.'"

Okay. My little zing here.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

I felt this apropos

I understand completely, Cindi.
    We passed 43 years last weekend ourselves.

As Kermit the frog says...."Times fun when your having flies"...
    Yum.....

:HNancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I felt this apropos

I love it...too funny!

And I am a newby at be married compared to you two. 18 Years and we have had our ups and downs but he is my White Horse which tries to tame me (the wild horse)! he doesn't drink and has to put up with a hell of alot! I would never divorce and neither would he...now the other.....too funny!

Love and Hugs to you both! (you are both my insperation)....
      Bambi
      "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

I felt this apropos

I hear ya Cindi.....35 years for us and somedays I just want to put up a "For Sale" sign!!!

Seriously, the guy has put up with many years of my crap, and stood by me every step.....He's a keeper!!!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

I felt this apropos

That is just right out funny, Cindi!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I felt this apropos

Charlee and Everyone,

Mine, too. He is a keeper. He doesn't drink and married a drunk.

He has stood by me when airlines threw me off the flights, worried, stood by me when he came home and found me covered in window glass lying on the concrete porch, stood by me through a broken nose and subsequent rehab and relapse and stood by me through my last "get me to the hospital."

He is a keeper. AND he is allowed his bad days.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I felt this apropos

Thanks, ladies. I'll keep your words on my sleeve. This is my 3rd. marriage and never lasted for more than 10 years. We're going on 18 and with all my stupid f**cked up crap on top of his f88cked up stupid crap, he has never beaten me or said a hurtful word. These are good traits. So what if he is boring, celibate, miserly and self centered. He still thinks I am beautiful, talented and a wonderful cook. Hey, after writing this out, it sounds like I am the problem: not him. xxxx g.

Comment

Working...
              X