Out of the mouths of babes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A true story.........picture the scene, my bathroom yesterday morning. My 5 year old daughter is sitting on the floor playing ?teacher, teacher? with various shampoos and body lotions. As I step out of the shower she looks up and asks.

?Mummy, what has happened to your boobs?? Well, they have seen some action in their time, but they are not that bad! ?What do you mean?? I ask. ?Well, they used to be big and uppy, now they are just downer.? I try to explain that I have recently lost weight and that everything is smaller, tummy, legs etc.

She starts to loose interest in the conversation and returns to her game, stating ?I think you need to go and see the doctor.? ?And why is that?? I ask. ?He'll give you a new pair.?

Hmmm, thanks love! Moral of the story ? if you are needing an ego boost, do not talk to a 5 year old!

Take care
    xxx
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

lol...true life is funnier than fiction.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;348630 wrote: lol...true life is funnier than fiction.
      Ain't that the truth!!

God my daughter's the same with some of the things she comes out with too. Bloody priceless some of em!!!
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Well true story here:

Before I say it, let me preface by saying I learned early on to never teach my kids the real names of private parts before the age of five or six because they will blurt them out in public -- code names only. So for the boys, it was a "po-po." Dont ask me where we came up with that.

Little kids are usually oblivious of gender differences unless you make a big deal about it up to a point -- usually around 3 or 4 they will begin to ask questions. So when my son was three, he came bounding into the bathroom when I was drying off after a shower. He looked at me and asked, "Where's your "Po-Po" Mommy? I jerked the towel quickly around me and said, "Mommy's dont have "po-po's". He said, "What's the matter, you dont want to wear yours today?"
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

not my story but to true:

When I was six months pregnant with my third child, my three year old came in the room as i was preparing to get into the shower.
          She said "mommy, you are getting fat!"
          I replied, "Yes honey, remember Mommy has a baby growing in her tummy"
          "I know," she replied, "but what's growing in your butt?"

Comment

lol every time I re-read this.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

My daughter's favourite saying at the moment, which cracks me up everytime, is "It's not my problem...... it's your problem!!!" It's just the actions and face she does when she says it that has me in stitches. She's only 3 1/2.

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
              X