Funny Alaskan Story-Ulu or Usik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shared this with some folks in the chat room the other night. I can't belive I'm going to do it here, but it is funny.

So here goes. Here in Alaska eskimos have something called an ulu, it is a U shaped knife they use for a number of tasks. I have one and although I don't use it to skin anything, I do use it to cut pizza and other stuff. It works pretty good. They also have something called an usik.....(this is where it gets weird) it is the bone of a walrus penis. Yup, you read it right... walrus penis. Local artist do some amazing carvings and drawings on them, don't ask me why. Okay so now you know the difference between ulu and usik right?
    Well, a girlfriend of mine and her fellow officemates were trying to figure out a gift for their boss. Someone had suggested and "usik." That is when my girlfriend loudly spoke up "That would be great, my friend has one, she uses it all the time and loves it!" OMG!!!!
    The whole room burst into laughter and my friends face turned a really pretty shade of red when she realized what she had said.

I am so glad I was not there and don't know any of them:H

Hope this made you smile
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

LMAO! Thanks for posting
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Good one AK. coo,coo cacho........Ha! IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Had to bring this one back for akmom and MM

Comment

Bump for Spiritgirl. What a wonderful PM buddy I have found.

:l
          Ak

Comment

I laughed so hard my daughter walked in the room and asked what was so funny!! Thank you for the smile and for being such a great PM friend to me!! I'm so grateful for all your support and friendship...
            God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Great! I do know what an ulu is, though I don't own one (but could sharpen yours if you need it done). The usik is a whole other ballgame.

I think I am going to liken this analogy to David Letterman's "Uma..Oprah" sketch from the Oscars some years ago.

Thanks for the phone call the other day, btw. TTYS.

Comment

Good post. I appreciate it
                Many thanks to ur post. I love it.
                Electric adjustable beds review - Electric adjustable beds reviews UK - Sleep Comfort adjustable bed mattress air review

Comment

Working...
                X