Cat's Out of the Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat's Out of the Bag

Okay, this isn't a joke, but I thought it was funny and had to tell someone.

I borrowed "Drinking: A Love Story" from the library quite a while back. When I finished it, I thought I'd hide it from the kiddos until we took our next trip back. Well I hid it so well I lost it! I've renewed it at least four times and hit my max renewal options. So I trudged into our local - small - library and fessed up to pay the fee. She kinda looks at me weird. I say, I was drinking when I hid it, hahaha (I wasn't - just the idiot in me trying to crack a joke). It cost $28 bucks, I sure hope it resurfaces someday... But it was a fabulous read and I'm happy to have it, just slightly embarrassing to lose that book of all things. She said if I find it within six months I can go back in for a refund. I don't think so...:H
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Cat's Out of the Bag

I am cracking up River!
    How embarrassing!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Cat's Out of the Bag

Yeah, the shame. :anon: Another kick in the head and reminder of all the problems that trickle down from a career of drinking!

Comment

Cat's Out of the Bag

LOL river.... Oh God, SO could have been me!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Cat's Out of the Bag

Ooops.

Comment

Cat's Out of the Bag

Hi River,
            Sorry but that is funny, it sounds like just the type of thing that would happen to me

xx
            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Cat's Out of the Bag

Haha. I no situations like that to well.

I've had something similar happening a couple of days ago.

I get along quite well with my superior at work. She came in a couple of days ago and handed me a very 'important' and 'special' document for my safe keeping. Under no circumstances could we loose these original documents.

A couple of laters some documents in connection to the above came in and I had to sent all documents together to an attorney... Than I thought. Let me play a prank on her (the superior) and tell her I lost the documents... would it be impossible to get another copy?...

I was just on my way out to speak to her than I thought.... When I tell her it's a joke I'll better show her the originals to calm her down..... well guess what. I landes up looking and sweating for about 15 minutes.... Went to her office to confess for "real" this time. And guess what, the document was lying on her desk where I had left it earlier.

When I told her the story she landed up being the one laughing...

Anycase. loosing things is my speciality.
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Cat's Out of the Bag

LOL, river! You'll probably find that book about the time I find my purse I hid from estranged one drunk 6 months ago. :H
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Cat's Out of the Bag

Those of us who lose stuff or are forgetful/distracted have no business hiding stuff! Sometimes I put stuff I need to leave with right in front of the garage door so that it's there when I walk out to my car. Instead of picking it up, I usually step right over it or move it aside. The book is probably right in front of my face and I still don't see it. :nutso:
                  Good luck finding your purse greenie - that's a doozy! :H

Comment

Working...
                  X