Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraq

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week, which I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.
    "The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period.
    That means you are about 25 percent more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the U.S., than you are in Iraq."
    Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington

Iraq

I'm afraid all the Americans already have.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Iraq

Ruby, it appears you are saying that taxpaying US citizens are not "Americans".

Why would you think that?

Comment

Iraq

I'm not talking about the tax paying citizens, I'm talking about the politicians we sent there who ignore us all.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Iraq

I Lived in the DC metro area for a lot of years. The politicans don't care about the DC area.....They throw the DC metro a bone every once-in-while........Taxation without rep. " Its on the DC car tags " IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Iraq

So Ruby, are you really saying that the politicians, who need to be US Citizens to hold office, are somehow not "Americans" in your mind?

Actually our representatives from Oregon do a pretty good job of representing the people of our state. The last one who didn't, Gordon Smith, got voted out in the last cycle. If that isn't the case in other states, maybe that has more to do with the local voters than with the national government.

Comment

Iraq

I'm very happy for Oregon, but the daily news seems to validate that many policiticians have more on their minds than the good of their constituents.
              sigpic

Comment

Iraq

Bossman...come on. Don't try to find something that is not their. You have to be an American Citizen to run for office. We all know that. They will do what they think is right.... If they screw up they'll get voted out of office..........IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X