Dear Dogs and Cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Dogs and Cats

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however.
    Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that
    sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:

(1) They live here. You don't.
    (2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
    (3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
    (4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they
    (1) eat less,
    (2) don't ask for money all the time,
    (3) are easier to train,
    (4) normally come when called,
    (5) never ask to drive the car,
    (6) don't hang out with drug-using people;
    (7) don't smoke or drink,
    (8) don't want to wear your clothes,
    (9) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
    (10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and
    (11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children ....

Dear Dogs and Cats

In addition to above instructions, my personal rule:

I love you. You love me. There is no need to express your love by kissing me on the mouth, as I don't like kisses from anyone who uses their tongue for toilet paper.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

:H:H:H

I read this last night just before we went to bed. When I say we, I mean me and a large black Labrador.

She rules the roost. I know it's against all the doggy rules but I love her and she tolerates me.

J x
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

:H:H:H:H
        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
        November 2, 2012

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

I've seen that before but it soooo true. Why do the dang cats stretch out vertically. I mean one of my cats is 25+ lbs! There's no curling up in a little ball for her!!!:H

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

How to give a cat a pill.

If you have ever tried to give a cat a pill you know

how difficult it is. The following instructions are fool proof!

1. Pick up the cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm
            as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either
            side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while
            holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth.
            Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from under chair. Cradle cat
            in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take a new pill from foil wrap. Cradle cat in left arm holding
            rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill
            to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top
            of wardrobe. Call spouse in from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between the knees. Holding
            front and rear paws, ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse
            to hold cat's head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler
            into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap.
            Make a note to buy a new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully
            sweep shattered figurines from hearth and set aside for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with it's head
            just visible from beneath spouse's armpit. Put pill in end of drinking
            straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down straw.

9. Check label to make sure that pill is not harmful to humans. Drink
            glass of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm
            and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10.Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in
            cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force
            mouth open with spoon, flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply
            cold compress to cheek and check records for last tetanus shot.
            throw t-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Call the fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road.
            Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid
            cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly
            to leg of dining room table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from garage.
            Force cat's mouth open with small trowel. Push pill into mouth followed}
            by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 1/2 pint
            of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room. Sit quietly
            while doctor stitches finger and forearm and removes pill remnants
            from right eye. Stop by furniture store on the way home to order
            a new table.

15. Arrange for vet to make housecall
            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
            November 2, 2012

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

Ever tried to trim an uncooperative dogs nails. Just SHOOT me now!
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

or bath a hamster with mange.

see you at the shooting range,Ruby.

J x
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

Or put a cat in a cat carrier that doesn't want to go. Definitely a three arm job as four legs going all directions and head popping out every time you think you have the zipper part way closed. Then when they get to the vet, they don't want to get out of the cat carrier!

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

I love this!
                    The part about the perpendicular sleeping habits describes my dachshunds to a tee!!

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

Oh, and let's not forget the 135# Rottie who takes your place in bed when you get up to go to the bathroom, will not be moved, then snores the rest of the night.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

My dog actually sleeps with her head on the pillow and the three cats nearly push me out of bed, especially in the winter when they are trying to keep warm. With a queen size bed, I get maybe six inches. But I wouldn't want it any other way (well actually 12 inches would be nice).

Comment

Dear Dogs and Cats

JackieClaire;708624 wrote: or bath a hamster with mange.

see you at the shooting range,Ruby.

J x
                          Just the idea of batheing a hamster cracks me up!!! :catroll: :bath:
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X