Dumb Criminals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Criminals

I read sites about these wackos from time to time for a laugh.
    Just had to share this one...priceless!!

A Charlotte, NC, man having purchased a case of very rare, very expensive cigars, insured them against fire among other things. Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of cigars and without having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the man filed a claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the man stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion. The man sued....and won. In delivering the ruling the judge agreeing that the claim was frivolous, stated nevertheless that the man held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure against fire, without defining what it considered to be "unacceptable fire," and was obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid the man $15,000 for the rare cigars he lost in "the fires." After the man cashed the check, however, the company had him arrested on 24 counts of arson. With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the man was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000 fine.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Dumb Criminals

Sweet justice.
    I recently read a man had called to complain that when he met with a 'client' to sell them marijuana, and they robbed him of both his 'stash' and his cash. He was arrested.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Dumb Criminals

I like it!!!!!

Comment

Dumb Criminals

Sometimes I wonder if court houses should be required to equip brain detectors instead of metal detectors.

A guy going into one courthouse put his bag of marijuana into the pocket bowl before walking through the metal detector, according to the Abliene Reporter News.

In his defense, putting a bowl in front of a pothead is just asking for trouble.

Police arrested him on the spot and took him to the county jail, saving untold man-hours and local tax dollars by committing his crime in a law enforcement building. I wonder if the county will nominate him for the good citizen award?

A Dirty Shame
        Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 • Filed under Robberies, Theft
        People really don’t pay attention anymore. It’s a wonder large crowds of people wandering the streets aren’t walking into open manholes or ambling face first into walls.

It’s no wonder this crook purse-nabbing a woman only to get away with a batch of dirty diapers, according to KJRH.com.

Two people committed the robbery in which they asked her to use a cell phone and then maced the poor woman. So they aren’t only dumb, they’re pure evil.

Then they grabbed the woman’s diaper bag, named of course for carrying diapers. The plan would only work if the couple had a baby or the man has a spastic colon.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Dumb Criminals

AP) VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) - The California Highway Patrol say a man stole a car to make a court appearance on a previous auto theft charge.

Patrol investigator Chris Linehan says he arrested Samuel Botchvaroff Tuesday as he sat inside a stolen 2000 Range Rover at the Vallejo courthouse. The 24-year-old Botchvaroff had just left his arraignment on auto theft charges stemming from an Oct. 31 arrest.

Linehan said the Range Rover's LoJack system helped him locate the vehicle, which had been stolen from Oakland earlier Tuesday morning.

Authorities say Botchvaroff told officers his car had been impounded, and he had no other way to get to his arraignment.

He was booked into Solano County Jail on suspicion of auto theft and possession of stolen property
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X