QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. :h
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Try to spend time each day to send yourself love and light. Often we neglect doing this for ourselves as we are busy tending to others

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

What I am actually saying is that we need to be willing to let our intuition guide us, and then be willing to follow that guidance directly and fearlessly.-- Shakti Gawain

Comment

QUOTES for today

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in seeing with new eyes
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"I can resist everything except temptation."
            Oscar Wilde.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

NEVER look back unless you're intending to head that way.....
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic.-- Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin (1973) "Science and Scientism"

Comment

QUOTES for today

One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

QUOTES for today

Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.-- Og Mandino

Comment

QUOTES for today

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

If you go around thinking you are being cheated,
                      life becomes very unpleasant.
                      --Felix Salten

Sometimes we feel cheated that we have been given this darn disease to cope with. Why us? Why can't we just be like normal people? Why did we have to get into so much trouble and pain as a result of a disease that hit us and skipped over other people?

Another way to look at it is: Hey, I'm really lucky. I have a killer disease, and I'm beating the odds. I'm getting healthier every day. I got my life back.

Another way to look at it is: At least this is a disease I can recover from.
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

QUOTES for today

"The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on."
                        – Julia Alvarez

Comment

QUOTES for today

A life without purpose is a languid, drifting thing; Every day we ought to review our purpose, saying to ourselves: This day let me make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is naught!
                          -- Thomas A. Kempis
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QUOTES for today

Like anyone else, there are days I feel beautiful and days I don't, and when I don't, I do something about it.-- Cheryl Tiegs, O Magazine, May 2004

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight."
                              – Helen Keller

Comment

QUOTES for today

Every experience is a paradox in that it means to be absolute, and yet is relative; in that it somehow always goes beyond itself and yet never escapes itself. T. S. Eliot
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X