QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

The key to non-anxious sermon-writing is that it’s not about me. It’s about the congregation. I honor the fact that the listeners bring more to the sermon than I do. I remind myself of the hundreds of times someone says, 'I loved how you said…' and then tell me things that they heard that were nowhere in my text and that I never said. But they heard what they needed to hear.-- Reverend Sean Parker Dennison, Ministrare, 04-07-2006

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

I saved a girl from being attacked last night. I controlled myself.
      Rodney Dangerfield
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

You can make those promises with just as much passion the second time around. Such is the regenerative power of the human heart.-- Marion Wink, O Magazine, 2003

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle."
          Bob Hope
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

A man whose head is shaped like a Danish cheese would do well not to rest it on a grocer's counter (anon)

Comment

QUOTES for today

Then, without realizing it, you try to improve yourself at the start of each new day; of course, you achieve quite a lot in the course of time. Anyone can do this, it costs nothing and is certainly very helpful. - Anne Frank
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Heaven on earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find." - Dr. Wayne Dyer
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Life only demands from you the strength you possess. Only one feat is possible — not to have run away."
                  – Dag Hammarskj?ld

Comment

QUOTES for today

A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.-- Charlotte Bronte

Comment

QUOTES for today

Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. Albert Einstein
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QUOTES for today

Change your thoughts and you change your world.-- Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

QUOTES for today

All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.-- Martin Luther King Jr., 'Strength to Love,' 1963

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Only by acceptance of the past can you alter it."
                            – T.S. Eliot

Comment

QUOTES for today

It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled sea of thought.-- John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

QUOTES for today

" War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left."
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X