QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

It is all very well, when the pen flows, but then there are the dark days when imagination deserts one, and it is an effort to put anything down on paper. That little you have achieved stares at you at the end of the day, and you know the next morning you will have to scrape it down and start again.-- Elizabeth Aston, The True Darcy Spirit, 2006

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

QUOTES for today

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QUOTES for today

Whatever you are ready for, is ready for you!
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?-- Frank Scully

Comment

QUOTES for today

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.-- Confucius

Comment

QUOTES for today

"I just kept on doing what everyone starts out doing. The real question is, why did other people stop?"
                – William Stafford

Comment

QUOTES for today

Believe that you can do it, under any circumstances. Because if you believe you can, then you really will. That belief just keeps you searching for the answers, then pretty soon you get it."
                  – Wally "Famous" Amos

Comment

QUOTES for today

Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.-- Demosthenes

Comment

QUOTES for today

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.-- Thomas A. Edison

Comment

QUOTES for today

will do wise ones...

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

QUOTES for today

Truth fears no questions. ~Unknown
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
                            – Baruch Spinoza

Comment

QUOTES for today

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth.-- Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

QUOTES for today

The solution is to gradually become free of societal rewards and learn how to substitute for them rewards that are under one's own powers. This is not to say that we should abandon every goal endorsed by society; rather, it means that, in addition to or instead of the goals others use to bribe us with, we develop a set of our own.-- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, 1990

Comment

Working...
                                X