X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

A smile is the shortest distance between two people.-- Victor Borge

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QUOTES for today

Denial is the culprit that keeps our secret life intact & out of sight—& keeps us focused on anything but our own indiscretions.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

I have made plenty of enemies in my lifetime, but none has ever done me as much injury as I do myself.-- Kathryn L. Nelson, Pemberley Manor, 2006

Comment

QUOTES for today

Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone.-- Gertrude Stein

Comment

QUOTES for today

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
              Hunter S. Thompson
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QUOTES for today

I have had plenty of enemies in my life--- but they all liked me - DAR
                Long Road
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

QUOTES for today

Quo Trudis?

mario;996415 wrote: The solution is to gradually become free of societal rewards and learn how to substitute for them rewards that are under one's own powers. This is not to say that we should abandon every goal endorsed by society; rather, it means that, in addition to or instead of the goals others use to bribe us with, we develop a set of our own.-- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, 1990

But which set? And from Whom? And which goals?

:new:
                  Long Road
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                  Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

QUOTES for today

Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen.-- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Comment

QUOTES for today

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.-- Douglas Adams

Comment

QUOTES for today

Your first appearance, he said to me, is the gauge by which you will be measured; try to manage that you may go beyond yourself in after times, but beware of ever doing less.-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Comment

QUOTES for today

I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.-- Oprah Winfrey, O Magazine

Comment

QUOTES for today

Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.-- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Comment

QUOTES for today

If no one ever took risks, Michelangelo would have painted on the Sistine floor."
                              – Neil Simon

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you will do the best."
                                – Marva Collins

Comment

Working...
                                X