Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low cost home security

Low Cost Home Security :

1. Go to a secondhand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.
    2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo Magazine.
    3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
    4. Leave a note on your door that reads: "Bubba, Bertha, Duke, Slim, & I went for more ammo and beer. Be back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls; they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside. Be right back. Have a nice Day....IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Low cost home security

This is great. We've had a serial rapist in the area I live in for the past few months - a typically very safe residential area & people have been freaking out about it as he enters the home. I've passed your advice along - I think it's very smart. Thanks so much.

:thanks:

Comment

Low cost home security

Tho this is in the 'joke' section, anyone in law enforcement will tell you a dog is your BEST home defense. I've known personally of several instances where homes in an area were broken into and the ones with dogs were not. I have actually left notes on my door saying, "If you get here before I get back don't go in. I have to leave Killer in the house since he's found a way through the fence and is terrorizing the neighbors. I'll be back in a minute, O.K.?" Plus, I've always had Rottweilers, and I adore these big, loyal, well-mannered, security guards. My 135# Rottie plays with my 4# Yorkie, and is gentle as a lamb, but don't have ulterior motives or she will know!

Note: And as far as the other stuff, there IS a pair of Hubs size 13's by the door, so all I need is the magazine. Would spent gun shells do? Also, a bit of crime scene tape and a chalk outline of a body on the porch works every time!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Low cost home security

Very true Ruby - I've really not been worried since I have two dogs who make a lot of noise. My male chow/retriever mix is very protective at the door & is quite a deterrent. Usually even a small dog is a deterrent - a criminal of any kind doesn't want to risk noise - it's a 'time thief' of sorts and interferes with the ability to enter & exit easily even if a dog doesn't bite. They tend to just not select your home.

Plus - you get the added benefit of the "furry love"!!

Comment

Low cost home security

Funny, you have hit it on the head! I understand (and DO with the little furry bits at my ankles! :H), but I travel alone a lot, and having TMB (The Mighty Berit) in my car is no small asset to my feeling of security. I could post for hours of the times my dogs have intervened in scary situations, and maybe (who knows?) saved me from harm. I'm adament in my love and support of animal welfare. They give SO much more than they expect from us, and I hope never in life to be without them in mine. The last episode, just weeks ago, when I was alone an suspected a prowler, the cops told me there was NO way anyone was going to try to get in my house, since I had to contain Berit in the bathroom just to talk to them when they responded to my call. They told me that if every honest person had a dog as well-trained and imposing as mine, their work with prowlers would be cut at least in half! Like you said, even the little ones make so much noise, it's not worth the criminals trouble! (As a mail carrier for 12 years, I NEVER underestimated the ability of a little dog giving you a BIG hurt!, and making a LOT of noise.) My daughter's house was burglarized, and they locked up her gentle Golden Retriever, who went ballistic when the police finally released her from the closet she was confined in. We're just glad Molly wasn't harmed, but my daughter and SIL realized what a big dog meant to their security!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
          X