Do You Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do You Dance?

An old prospector shuffled into the town of El Indio , Texas leading an old tired mule. The old man headed straight for the only saloon in town, to clear his parched throat. He walked up to the saloon and tied his old mule to the hitch rail.

As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.

The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, have you ever danced?"

The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No, I never did dance... never really wanted to.."

A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said, "Well, you old fool, you're gonna dance now," and started shooting at the old man's feet.

The old prospector, not wanting to get a toe blown off, started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet.

Everybody was laughing, fit to be tied.
    When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.

The old man turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double-barreled shotgun, and cocked both hammers. The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air.
    The crowd stopped laughing immediately. The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly.
    The silence was almost deafening.

The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin 10 gauge barrels. The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he quietly said, "Son, have you ever kissed a mule's ass?"

The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir...... but... I've always wanted to."

There are a few lessons for us all here:

Never be arrogant.

Don't waste ammunition.

Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.

Always, always make sure you know who has the power.

Don't mess with old folks, they didn't get old by being stupid.

I just love a story with a happy ending, don't you?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Do You Dance?

:H:H:H:H
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Do You Dance?

Perfect!:H:H:H

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Do You Dance?

I love that ruby!!!

Comment

Do You Dance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haBLjVqrrjM&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - (1) Religion is a mental disorder

Comment

Do You Dance?

Way to go Ruby....Good one !
            I like to dance......but my wife does'nt want to get out on the dance floor with me: She tells me that she does'nt want to commit social suicide ! Ha!
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Do You Dance?

I love the story because the old prospector had the same kind of quiet wisdom as my Daddy.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Do You Dance?

:H:H:H
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Do You Dance?

excellent!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                  X