Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all us Americans

Hello fellow Americans.

BTW this is not meant to exclude any of the other fine nationalities out there, we just have a very important holiday coming up tomorrow.

Soooo.... My question is... What is everyone doing tomorrow? It really sucks that the 4th falls on a Wednesday! Me and the Missus still haven't decided what to do. We will probably stay at home and BBQ then go to our blocks fire works display. Last year all the neighbors had about an hours worth of really nice fire works that were kid friendly and kept it family safe (we live on a cul-de-sac).

So what are your plans to celebrate our Great Country?!
    Hablur

For all us Americans

wish it was a great country. or maybe it is someplaces still. but certainly not to most of the rest of the world. Lots of great people there in the US, though, and they certainly deserve to celebrate.

A very Happy one to you-- to you, the great people whose fault it is not your own what your country has done to the rest of the world. Maybe you will all have even more reason to celebrate next year. Meanwhile, nothing wrong with hoping. And celebrating for the good that survives among the evil.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

For all us Americans

p.s., you all are definitely the "good ones"-- keeps my own hope alive!
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

For all us Americans

Beattle,

The US is a great country. We are still a free people. At the moment the rest of the world may not be fond of us but in our history we have still done much good. In any countries history there has been transgressions that are negative and are with regret, but in total our counrty has good people that still give to the rest of the world.

The wonderful thing about our system is that we can change our leadership every 4 years. Sometimes we get it wrong. But for the most part we get it right.

I would simply ask that this thread not turn into a politically charged thread. This is a thread of simplicity asking my fellows what they are doing to celebrate an event common to many of us. Thanks in advance.
        Hablur

Comment

For all us Americans

Hi hope all your americans have a great day!!!!!

I love americans and would love to visit the country one day (a dream of mine) take my son to florida universal studios and i love the accent too!!!

Comment

For all us Americans

Yeah,
            3 cheers for all you Americans. Hope you all have a wonderful day, whichever way you choose to celebrate!!!

Starlight Impress

Comment

For all us Americans

We are certainly celebrating and will be spending the day at home and with neighbors. I told hubby we should go get some safe fireworks since they are legal in out little community. We have not done that in years.

Have a great and meaningful 4th everyone.
              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

For all us Americans

July the fourth

Wishing all you Americans a wonderful celebration tomorrow....Enjoy - Enjoy - and Enjoy some more !!!!

I love coming to America, especially Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado - F A N T A S T I C.

(Shame about the tea & coffee)

luc
                Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

For all us Americans

P.S.
                  Only member of my family to have ever gone to America was my late granny......a teetotaller, but not down on anyone who drank. She went to work in your country as a housekeeper after raising 11 kids........she loved your country and thought the people were great.

Starlight Impress

Comment

For all us Americans

Everyone have a happy, safe 4th! Joe and I will be barbequing in the back yard! We also will be comforting our poor dog. He doesn't have a love of the fire crackers. But then he's Belgium.....a papillion

Comment

For all us Americans

have a good day all, my sisters boyfriend is here from texas,im sure he will b wanting to celebrate, he s just left the navy , they r gonna b going bk in few mths, hopefully married by then, so i may c nxt 4th of july!
                      :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

For all us Americans

Hey Hart,

Every 4th I can recall when I still lived in the Seattle are was rainy. Is it going to be any different this year? LOL, I can't recall how many Ivar's Firewaorks shows I got totally soaked at
                        Hablur

Comment

For all us Americans

Well Hab I am from the Seattle area but now live in Eastern WA. And it gets HOT here, predicting 90s so I don't think I have to worry about rain:H

Comment

For all us Americans

hart;158874 wrote: Well Hab I am from the Seattle area but now live in Eastern WA. And it gets HOT here, predicting 90s so I don't think I have to worry about rain:H
                            Hey Hart,
                            wouldn't mind sharing would you? The heat I mean, just a tad FREEZING in my
                            neck of the woods . Or, you could invite the sponge over for a few days, it's up to you

Comment

For all us Americans

Tomorrow is my neighbor's son's birthday so they have a huge pool party with half the state's Italian population there. LOL. Awesome "illegal" fireworks. Yup-it's illegal in our state, we can only have the pretty sparkly ones.

We already saw our town's fireworks on Saturday. It was awesome. Going to my parent's for a BBQ. Maybe check out some more fireworks. Will have to tune into the Boston Pops celebration on TV.
                              hablur;158854 wrote:

The wonderful thing about our system is that we can change our leadership every 4 years. Sometimes we get it wrong. But for the most part we get it right.
                              Yup this next election is a good one with so many different views to choose from.

Let Freedom Ring!

Much thanks to our forefathers!

Have a safe one!
                              Attached files [img]/converted_files/278162=1200-attachment.gif[/img] [img]/converted_files/278162=1201-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/278162=1203-attachment.gif[/img] [img]/converted_files/278162=1207-attachment.gif[/img]
                              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X