For all us Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all us Americans

Hablur believe it or not it is supposed to be sunny and warm here in Seattle tomorrow. Hard to remember a sunny 4th for me as well.

I am scared of the 4th in terms of the fireworks since I had a firecracker explode in my face when I was younger and almost cost me my eyesight. I was sort of glad when they made fireworks illegal in my neighborhood because I am a scaredy cat. So we will watch the big fireworks show from afar.

Happy 4th to all!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

For all us Americans

Oh Lushy-that's aweful!

Glad you were ok.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

For all us Americans

Have a great day across the pond tomorrow everyone. Hope you and all your pets stay safe with all the fireworks.

I'm going to have to subscribe so I can post cool attachments.

Kitty
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

For all us Americans

No plans. It's hotter than hell in Arizona, and me with no pool. Thank goodness for the new air conditioner we put in last year. I tried to arrange a barbeque with my family, but my step-dad has to work, and my mother has to play poker. How American is that???

Stay safe everyone, and happy 4th.

Comment

For all us Americans

Keepon!!!!;158855 wrote: and i love the accent too!!!
            We have accents? Which ones? Ones from New Yawk or Bastan, or yon dow Sowth? LOL. :H
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

For all us Americans

I live on an island, and everyone tries to hang on to a kind of small town feel on the 4th.
              Every year the main street in town gets shut down on July 3rd in the evening (this is right outside my office) for a Street Dance and BBQ. First kids get are given a bunch of sidewalk chalk and everyone draws in the street. then there are activities like pie eating contest, bouncy house, etc. Live music starts up at about 7, a band that play covers from mostly 50s and 60s dance music, and the street fills with people of every age dancing and laughing. Pretty cool.
              Then on the fourth the same downtown area is shut down for a street fair. Tons of booths, activities, food, classic car show. Huge burger bbq, the high school swim team does a dunk tank, stuff like that, from main street down to the waterfront park. Then at 1:00 it's parade time. All-American, small-town parade.....

In the evening islanders all have their favorite place to watch the fireworks... being an island, there are, of course, lots of waterfront views. Some views are of the Ivars show across the water in Seattle. There is an Native American reservation right across the bridge where they are allowed to sell all sorts of fireworks that are "illegal" to fire off... but they get fired off anyway. Many people, especially those who live on waterfront, put on quite grand personal firework shows.

(So there's a glimpse of the 4th of July in a quaint semi-small town in the Pacific Northwest...)
              Hugs,
              imatree

Comment

For all us Americans

Happy 4th July !!

Hope y'all enjoy it now !!

Keep safe and mind your drinks !! Whether mods or abs have a great time

Diamond xx
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

For all us Americans

I've been invited to a party--the first one since going AF. It's scary. I have some antabuse, which I may take as "insurance", because I'm a real sucker for temptation!

Anyway, after the party, which is in town, we'll just walk several blocks to the park to watch the fireworks. My daughter, Maddy, is quite miffed, because she has to work tomorrow night!
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

For all us Americans

I will be out on a large sailboat, we will set off fireworks. I will try not to drink too much champagne. I am new here.
                    :new:

Comment

For all us Americans

I'll be going to the 4th parade, then relax at home until it is time to pick up a dear friend from the airport. There's a big libertarian conference in Vegas kicking off with a cocktail party. Since I'll be driving, and my friend isn't much of a drinker, I'll be fine getting home, hopefully to see some of the fireworks show over the park near our house.

Oh, and we're expecting record temps - like 117 or so!!
                      "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

For all us Americans

:welcome: Ladyinred! Hope we see you more of you here!
                        "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

For all us Americans

I would literally shrivel up and die if I lived in Phoenix or Vegas. Don't know how you all do it.

Ima, the best 4th of July I ever had was over near Vashon Island. Exactly what you described. So much fun.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

For all us Americans

No plans for tomorrow we are saving them for the weekend. My husband drives to PA and buys fireworks and we blow them off at the lakefront and barbeque all day. My son will also be turning 2.

Have a great forth everyone
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

For all us Americans

Fourth of July here in Gold Beach, at the mouth of the Rogue River is much like Imatree descibes.

We also have a beautiful historic bridge across the river where the fireworks diplay takes place.
                              Live music @ the Port next t whre I work...But I have the nite off! Yeah!
                              There'll be a dunk tank with the local sheriff & politians... food & craft booths etc..Beer & wine garden, of coarse.
                              BBQ,
                              Then if you like you can watch the fireworks from one of the mailboats, on the water, or the river bank at the Port. It's supposed to be a clear night so it should be nice & clear for the display.

Also have a big Family picnic to attend in the afternoon before all of this,... That'll be about at least 1/2 of the county in attendence!
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

For all us Americans

Sheeeeeshhhhhh, I so want to be back home in the PNW! This Kansas stuff sucks. I am jealous of Ima and St Jude!

When I was back home my Wife's family and Mine usually got together at my house and we had a huge BBQ then watch the fireworks or played games in the house. What I miss the most is how late it was before the sun finally set!
                                Hablur

Comment

Working...
                                X