• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all us Americans

Happy july 4th all........

Comment

For all us Americans

db2fromala;159071 wrote: To all:

Any day we walk the face of this earth free s a blessed day!! Here is a prayer that some day all people of this planet will be free without fear of harm or retribution for beliefs!!

Tomorrow I get to fly home at 6:00 in the morning. (Glad to be out of AZ, geez 116 degrees, are you guys on drugs?? Oooops, nope, alcohol, and I can see why!!! Sorry, had to say that, it was tacky but my heavens I was there all week and it was HOT)

I fly into Alabama in the am, pick up something to cook, probably brisket or pork shoulder that I can cook all day in the oven without my intervention. (heh heh)

My husband has bought so many fireworks. You would not believe. People ask if we invite others besides my kids and their kids overs and I explain, "No, too much liability -- don't you LOVE IT-- and I found you cannot always trust people to watch their children anymore." We are kind of famous on our little Alababama "mountain" for our fireworks on the 4th of July and New Years....

However, if no one gets hurt (another prayer of mine)-- my husband is an ex-field artillery guy -- the fireworks will be AWESOME!!! He buys them from the factory that makes them down the road.

He uses a fuse so he doesn't have to get near them to light them and we keep the kids close so that if anything falls over, grownups get hit and NOT kids.

I am hoping to be one of the SOBER grown ups tomorrow.

Also, to any Canadians out there, a belated but much felt, Happy Independence Day to you guys, too!!

Cindi
      It's not independence day .................................................. ....................EH!!!!!!

"Canada's birthday," particularly in the popular press,[1][2][3][4] the holiday does not commemorate a clear-cut date of "independence" or "founding", recognizing instead the confederation of three British North American colonies into a Dominion, a kingdom in its own right within the British Empire,[5] known as Canada, through the 1867 British North America Act, after which the British Parliament still retained several political controls over the country

Comment

For all us Americans

Are you a lawyer? or just know everything about Canada? LOL
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

For all us Americans

Well, Tawns, I got 50 % score ... The INS isn't impressed with me either. In any case, I'm not in a hurry to get rid of my European passport, ha ha.

Hey, you folks have yourselves a great 4th of July, and stay safe.
          Paddy
          Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

For all us Americans

When we celebrate, someone else cries. Were' not here to dominate anyone.......just to make everyone free ! IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

For all us Americans

imatree;159179 wrote: Happy Birthday America, and as we acknowledge the beginnings of our country may we also celebrate the nearing to the end of the most atrocious and reprehensible leadership our nation has ever known....
              Amen.
              "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

For all us Americans

Thanks Ima. That was very nice

Annnnnddddd.. HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE!!!!
                Hablur

Comment

Working...
                X