So frustrated..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So frustrated..

I haven't been doing well at all. I had only two days AF last week. This weekend was nuts I am so angry with myself and I am at my wits end. After reading some of your posts I can really relate to some of you.

I feel really sick and hungover serves me right. I just feel like crying I am so tired of fighting this. I am starting to wonder what is wrong with me.

So frustrated..

hi jacy

you havent been around for a while, welcome back.

last time you posted you were having trouble with your landlord. is that still a problem? is that why you are having a hard time with the drink?

roxane

Comment

So frustrated..

I am trying to not focus on that at the moment. It just seems like anything will set me off. I went and cut my hair last week and I didn't like the style and the next thing I knew I was drinking. I feel like my emotions are up and down and I can't control them. I am going to start taking the supps this week hopefully they will help.

Thanks roxanne.

Comment

So frustrated..

You are getting hit with a bad wave, it does not represent the rest of the ocean. It will get better Just get through it now. You are surrounded by people who care for you!

Comment

So frustrated..

Jacy. Glad to see you are facing the facts. I've come to the realization, that the lot of us are a very emotional bunch. One of many things we have in common. I too, have mood swings, and have been that way since very young. I never realized why I drank so much until several years ago, and I realized it was too self medicate. I've been struggling with this for a very long time myself. I know I need to quit drinking forever. But I agree, it is very hard. Its interesting what you mentioned about your hair cut. I was ready to roll again, had 5 full days. Then, something set me off at work, that now I realize it was nothing, but I couldn't wait to get hammered. Why, why do we let little things get to us? Although I do take meds for my moods, they are rendered useless when I drink. I probably got moody, cause I wasn't dried out long enough. I know if I can get to a couple months again, I'll be all right, cause I was being less sensitive in regard to the small things. (Not insensitive, if you know what I mean) So, you are not different in anyway, so please do not let that discourage you. You have to trust that the longer you go sober, the better things will get. I'm not going to try and fool you. There will be hard times, and such is life. Please continue to come to this board, and you will find so much help, as there are so many success stories. People that have seen it all, and we have members on here that have gone years sober, and still going strong. You can do this. Never give up.
          where does this go?

Comment

So frustrated..

ChooseToBelieve;158962 wrote: You are getting hit with a bad wave, it does not represent the rest of the ocean. It will get better Just get through it now. You are surrounded by people who care for you!
            Hello Choose. I love that analogy. It's very, very true. Sometimes when we are stuck underneath that wave, things are frightening, and we can feel nothing else but the fear of not being able to breath. Jacy, there is more out there than that frightening wave. The more you fight, you will see this, and be set free.
            where does this go?

Comment

So frustrated..

Hi Jacy,

Nothing wrong with a good cry, I sobbed like a child yesterday and I felt better after it.

The supps will help you I'm sure, just keep trying. 2 days af is better than none and your hair will grow. Don't despair, and stick around.

Kitty
              Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
              Confucius

Comment

So frustrated..

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful support. I am a very sensitive person and that gets me in trouble a lot.

I know that this a fight that only I can fight somedays seem better than others last week was ok until later in the week and it seemed that everything and everyone was getting to me. Arrrrrgh. I hope this week will be better.

Comment

So frustrated..

Hi jacy and a warm welcome.

Am sorry you`re finding it tough..........me too, only am much more calm than I was last night.

Am convinced we can all beat the booze though, provided we can withstand the tough times.

I wish you much luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

So frustrated..

Hi Star.

I really want to just get it. Reading the posts it is so nice to see that many people have suceeded. I seem to always be struggling. I can do well for awhile then poof ......

Comment

So frustrated..

Jacy,
                      We`re all doing well for a while then it all starts to fall apart. Here`s hoping each time we vow to try again we get tougher.........

Starlight Impress

Comment

So frustrated..

Hi Jacy

Every time you have a setback, just think about it constructively, think about what went wrong and how you really want to change so desperatley to feel better. You are in charge of taking care of yourself and try to treat yourself well even when things go wrong and you are unhappy about your behavior.

I have had my ups and downs but when things went really wrong, I sat down with myself and just thought about how i didn't want to continue like that, that I would have to try something else or set much firmer limits. I read one post, I think by ZincityZen, where she allows herself one wine when out socially, with dinner. That made me think I want firmer limits, not some loose moderation thing in mind. I realized that stopping after a few was hard, but I reminded myself it was either that, or give up altogether. I kept thinking, if I can learn how to stick with just a few I will be able to live so much better.

Also, I have told myself that the pattern of drinking to relieve intense emotions has to change. Drinking should be for social occasions,not soothing onself into oblivion. I find that a number of things help with gaining emotional stability: meditation, self-hypnosis CDs from MWO, a balanced diet with all the essential nutrients for emotional health, exercise, Pilates, Buddhist philosophy (which helps you learn how to accept yourself AS YOU ARE,with all the neurosis and emotions!).

And the opporutnity for journaling on this site is very valuable. Maybe just in writing these things down you will figure out how to help yourself.

Take care,

Comment

So frustrated..

Hi Nancy,

thanks for your post. I keep thinking to myself that if I would think about how I feel after I overdue it possibly that would prevent me from the over kill. That is my problem though I don't. I have four beers left and that is all I am going to have.

What is the best supplement for cravings that seems to be a big problem for me. I bought Gaba I took it after drinking and felt sick the next day. I want to start taking it again and stay on it. I am hoping this supp will help as I have found them to be very costly. I would appreciate any info.

Comment

So frustrated..

Hi Jacy
                            Welcome:welcome: I know I have said this before, but Nancy said it all - before I got a chance to!!

By far the best supplement to take is the Kudzu and it helps greatly if you take the glutamine with it. Make sure you buy the Kudzu from this website - the other stuff doesn't work nearly as well.

We don't want to belittle your problem and then pass it off as been there done that. But many of us have been there and done that. And it seems that we never stop doing so. It is hard as hell - that's what we all understand. We all know that this is never easy and never trivial. Please keep in touch with us. We all want to help, if we can.

:groupluv:
                            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

So frustrated..

Hi Jacy
                              There's nothing wrong with you. You are responding in a 'normal' way to a highly addictive drug (see my other post to Starlight Impress - Fork in the Road). The hard bit which you know is turning around the psychological addiction to dealing with life problems by drinking. Haven't found the answer myself yet but am working on it! Actually, that's not true. I know the answer but I'm not prepared to do what I have to (quit). Don't know why, guess it's always easier to stay in the comfort zone even when it's a negative, destructive place.
                              I'm looking on this journey as being like turning a tanker around. It takes a long time but little changes have big and lasting reults.
                              Bean x

Comment

Working...
                              X