Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After several years...This is still so hard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure why I am posting now. I have been AF for the last three years with several slips with 1/2 beer or glass of wine. Nothing major - have not been drunk. But I have been pretty good. When I do slip, I always pay for it with criticisms from me or my husband or my shrink. I never want to be drunk again in my life, and will never be. That is something I just have to do and will do.
    I'm sorry to say that I have had great temptations this week. I really hate when that happens. It makes me feel weak You know. sometimes I think I have beaten this and am over the cravings, and then like a monster sometimes they just come back. I know that giving in can only hurt my children, my husband, and myself.
    I have to ask all my friends here to give me a word or two of encouragement. I know I can do this without it, but it would be so much better with it. I can do this - I know I can. I will never give up.
    Thanks so much to all of you. :thanks:
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Mags,
    Yours is a wonderful story...........all you need to complete it is a beautiful ending to keep that big monster from destroying all that you have built. You just won`t allow that to be wrenched away from you.........your past 3 yrs. are priceless............am full of admiration for you, and it`s the victors like you that gives all of us real hope.

You`re a true STAR!!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Mags,

Who else here can claim 3 years AF?

In a PM you have described your lovely garden to me.

Your long bike rides through the woods.

I've seen some of your lovely photos.

You have achieved all that by being clear-headed and sober. You are much, much bigger than the Monster. Monsters die when they're confronted by beauty. Keep planting.

Comment

Mags, your doin awesome. I dont really count those as slips. Who ever critisizes you......give them dog licked candy and giggle inside.
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hi Mags, have you not attended Lushy's Bitch Class? Enrol ! (grin).

Lxx
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hey Mags!

Three years AF is a remarkable achievement, one of which you should be very, very proud! A miracle!

Damn the demons, the monsters, and yes, they die when confronted by beauty, strength, determination, grace, healthy grey cells.....

Damn those slips too, they are just slips. When tempted by a craving, continue to be strong, and recall your last drunk, if you can. Then think about your next goal.

I wish you blessings and strength, my dear. You can, and you will, do this.

You already have!

magic xx:schmokin: :wd:
            ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
            I am in the next seat.
            My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Yes, I am acceping students Mags into my class if you need help in that arena. You have SO, SO much to be proud of and I know the cravings are so hard. Wish I had something more to say to help but know that you are a complete inspiration to so many.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Congratulations on 3 years, Mags! Fantastic!

That temptation? Think of it as a mirage--a vision that's a total lie and which will have you sucking on sand in the belief that you're quenching your thirst....

Hang in there...you're in inspiration to the rest of us!
                "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Ok Lushy - I think I need some bitch instruction. I'm really not too good at it. But can you help me tell this bitch of alcohol just go do something nasty to itself??? I'm sorry - I need some help - in my line of work, we are not allowed to say certain things. OK enough, already - go f*** yourself, alcohol. I think I may need a little more instruction.
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Your toes are contagious!
                    They always make me smile.

Dx
                    * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

How about - "go f*** yourself, sideways!" ????

Comment

Mags~a smile & kisses!

You're an inspiration. I've said it before: sobriety is not for sissies. Attached files [img]/converted_files/278333=1206-attachment.gif[/img]
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

What Sujul said.

Mags,

I can't imagine a whole week without alcohol, so someone like you is SUCH an inspiration to me!!

I do like what Sujul said. Imagine it is like "sucking on sand."

Great imagery!!

Hang in there and more importantly, DO NOT MEASURE YOURSELF by this stupid addiction. It is only a small piece of what you are. My God!! Someone said "planting and biking and...." Think about how much more you are than this one thing!!! (I try to and I am still in the throes of it.)

There is so much more to you than an addiciton to a drink.

I only hope some day I can be where you are but with someone like you out here posting, I feel the hope...

Thank you!!
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wow Mags. I didn't know you went 3 years!! That is just so amazing. And if your slips were just a beer or glass of wine, I don't think you should be criticized for that. You didn't get drunk, but I guess you did tap dance on a land mine. Still, you are doing amazing. I guess the cravings never go away for good. Don't get upset with yourself for having cravings. That isn't something you have control over. It's like telling yourself you are not going to crave food or sex. Those are things that are programmed into us to survive and perpetuate the species. And, somewhere along the line through abusing alcohol, that has also been programmed into us. I do believe that is what happens with alcoholics. But, you have resisted so many times, and you will do it again. Why? Cause you know the repercussions of it all. You know its stupid to drink. You will do the right thing, I'm convinced. I still get the urge to smoke a cigarette, despite quitting years ago. They make me sick, but it's another addiction, and somehow the mind thinks we need it. Unlike the previous things I've mentioned, food and sex, we don't need booze or drugs. Its scary how strong the cravings can get, but it is so delightful to resist, and have that feeling of victory. Mags, do you do anything now for cravings? I'm sure you've mentioned it in your past post, so I apologize for not knowing.
                            where does this go?

Comment

You go girl! That is perfect. Go f*** yourself alcohol. Perhaps you could tattoo that saying on your toes?
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X