Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After several years...This is still so hard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I really don't do anything now but visualize my family and my job if I were still a drunk. I don't do a lot of positive imagery - mostly negative and very scary. I have hurt them enough and don't want to hurt them anymore.
    I always love your posts. Take good care of yourself.
    :h :h
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Mags- 3 years is a record- you should get a medal. You'll be fine I know it- you are obviously the strongest of all of us right now! Even though you don't think so. I am so envious of where you are right now. :h
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

It's good that you can think through the drink Mags and remember what you DON'T want to do to yourself and your family. Using positive imagery is great too. I think it is wonderful that you have gotten to three years' of sobriety, and I hardly think you deserve a scolding for drinking a half a drink a couple of times during that time.

I think that Lushy's bitch class might be useful too, to assert yourself and let your doc and husband know that you need support. You already feel bad enough when you've screwed up--you don't need to have your nose rubbed in it too! Grrrrr. At least that's my perspective.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Mags, keep up the good work! You have 3 years under your belt, with a slip here and there. You are maintaining excellent control over your drinking. You have a lot to be proud of. Don't give in now. It's not worth it. Take it from a person who is hung over. My drinking isn't getting me anywhere. I'm sick and tired of feeling like a physical wreck and being burdened with guilt. One sip or one drink is not worth it. Let your true personality and happiness shine through.
          September 23, 2011

Comment

Wow- I am impressed. All of you have said such great things.

Mags, you are the bomb! Celebrate you. You have much to be proud of.

Comment

Mags...breathe, breathe...take a long deep breath...you are already there babe..you are already there..you just forgot for a second....If need be lay down in a nice place and breathe...Babe you are wonderfull..you are there

Comment

Chrysa sounds like A Course in Miracles.

Comment

Mags, thank-you for being so painfully real for the rest of us... This adventure is truely a rollercoaster ride. You are one very inspiring lady that I'm so proud to have contact with.. Thank-You for all you contribute... 3 YEARS !!!!! Truely amazing... Just take sometime to look at a 3 year old child... From birth until the size they are, you didn't drink (those sips don't count my dear) That child can talk and some of them are already in Junior School for goodness sakes !! That 3 year old child represents YOU AF !! You can and are doing this with alot of class I might add... Love You, Hugs, ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

What can I say Mags? You are an incredible person. BE PROUD OF YOURSELF>

Lots of love, Bella xxxx

Comment

Mags:

You are an inspiration, hang in there.

You are not alone..

Brandy

Comment

Hi mags can you imagine how many people hit this site daily and are reading in awe your story of 3 years AF???????

Of course us people with alcohol problems can never let the guard down but sounds like you have done some amazing personal work mentally, emotionally and physically ..possibly spiritually???

Happy to listen to hints from you on how you achieved so much...3 years WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep posting we need your support as much as you need ours...

good luck
                        Cassy

Comment

UH - I think I'd be saying "go f*** yourself, sideways!" to the critical shrink! I can understand the husband (although, it's not helpful at all - he's been through it, so can be forgiven) - but a mental "professional" who criticizes you rather than trying to help you understand why you "slipped" (.5 beer and a glass of wine in 3 years - good God, could someone please give you a BREAK!?). Damn - now I'm pissed!

Be proud of yourself!! And if they won't give you kudos for your achievement, come on over here and get it from us!

Here's to you::wd:
                          Here's to the shrink::xxx:

Comment

MAGS YOU ARE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL STAY STRONG!!!!

your flowers are beautiful in the gallery I can see you have a good eye for beauty dont let the demon drink in and ruin what you have acheived and I would also like some hints and tips on how to stay AF for soooooooooo long please :award:

Comment

PS Mags - I just looked in the gallery, where on earth did you get those weeping roses? Just beautiful - I want some! What zone are they hardy to?

Comment

Mags,

you should be soo proud of yourself not hitting yourself over the head with a wine bottle.
                                You have reached 3 years and I have barely reached 3 months, I will tell you about envy - I am envious of you, your health and everything has improved. Please think of the posditive things that you have attained.

I will say 'I wish I was there!'

Best wishes for the next 3 years anyway, wish I could catch you up, xxxx
                                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                                X