Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

Okay Gang--I know this isn't alcohol related BUT I need some advice ASAP and it seemed to me that our international community might have some ideas....

I was just eating a bagel and veggie cream cheese (this IS New York after all!) and I suddenly found myself chewing on a crown that had popped off! OF COURSE stuff like this only happens on a holiday when you can't get to the dentist (plus, I have no dental insurance anyway)...so has anyone ever used Krazy Glue to glue a crown back on??

Any other suggestions?? Help! I look like the snaggle-toothed drunk I would have become if I'd kept on drinking....ugh!
    :upset: :upset: :upset:
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

DO NOT use Krazy Glue. I know it feesl bad but you do not want to put it on there. It can leech into your system and cause a serious infection. I do medical transcription and I typed a report a while back on a woman who did that and she got a serious, serious infection from it. Sorry to hear it happened.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

I agree that Super or Krazy Glue is not a good idea.

Is it a front or back tooth?
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

I once used a whitening mold to hold one in place until I could get to a dentist??
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

:thanks: I have forced myself to step away from the Super Glue....long-suffering partner now on emergency run to drugstore for dental fix-it stuff....

I'm telling you the image in the mirror is totally horrifying! All that's there is this hideous snaggly point--not one of the two front teeth, but next to it--VERY visible....

Times like these...call for...a...a..soothing cup of tea! Ha!

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

That happened to my front tooth the day before my wedding shower and I had to use the whitening mold with the white stuff from a q-tip shoved in it so no one would notice. I was dying but no one noticed. Good luck!

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

Janie's right they do make a dental putty at the drug store. I've tried it and it works, don't know how permanent it is though.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

Wow! I have to keep the dental glue in mind the next time my husband loses his fron tooth. It has happened to him twice now. Both times during a serious event such as a vacation and a fishing tournament. The snaggly front tooth looked funny, yet I felt for him as he was so self concious about it until he was able to get to the dentist. Let us know how the dental glue worked out for you.
                September 23, 2011

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

Thanks everyone--well, we finally had to settle for Fixodent, which is really for putting in dentures...very temporary, but at least I can smile for the rest of the day!

But this brings me to a larger question and that is the indisputable fact that my teeth are, literally, crumbling...my front teeth have developed little chips in them, my bridge now needs to be replaced...and now this! I wonder if my teeth were weakened by untold gallons of alcohol--or whether my frequently clenched but sober jaw is the real culprit?

Either way, though, I am again reminded of the need for affordable health care (incl dental) in this country....looks like I'll have to go to one of the university clinics and let dental students practice on me!

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

Hey, dental clinics are great. I got about a million dollars worth of work at one for almost nothing. The students spend lots of time with you and all the work is checked by the professors. You're in NYC - plenty of good dental schools there. Sometimes you spend 6 months or so on the waiting list, so sign up now.
                    As for the bagel thing - I lived in Brooklyn for years - it is not a bagel with cream cheese - it is a bagel with a SCHMEAR.
                    Best of luck to you.:crowned:
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

Thanks, Mags! And, yeah, I was gonna put 'mit schmear'-but I decided against having to explain it...

So, clinics....I'm closer to Columbia Presb--but I'm wondering if I should go down to NYU...hmmm.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement, everyone--feeling MUCH better now!

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

I lost a crown once and it was only 20 or 30$ to get it back on. I didnt have insurance. I do now but its so lousy I still cant afford to go.Bird

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

I suffer from TMJ. I have some chips in my teeth. My teeth have yet to crumble, however, if and when they do, I'll attribute it to grinding them at night and my perpetual clenched jaw. Happy to hear the Fixodent makes for a temporay "fix".
                          September 23, 2011

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

Sujul,

I think NYU has a really good dental clinic, I live in NY and I have heard that.

I am glad you got your Fixodent that was a good replacement.

"Fixodent and forget it"! LOLOL

NY bagels are usually the best in the world. :H
                            Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Krazy Glue Teeth??!?

This is all good info for the future.
                              Crowns are so expensive these days too. The dentist I go too charges almost a $1,000 per crown. I don't know if that is the going rate these days. I broke my back tooth a few years ago on a piece of fish. Can you believe it? They never made that crown quite right and of course they aren't going to make me a free one. There is a gap between my teeth and the crown and so food gets caught in between the teeth so much. They know it is causing problems because last time I was in they said there was some bone loss by the crown but I think they are waiting a few more years so I have to pay for a new one myself. It was their mistake. Maybe next time I go in if it isn't doing any better I should demand a new one because they did a root cleaning to see if that would help. Thanks for the putty info!
                              Happier

Comment

Working...
                              X