Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Your Perspective?

Hello all

Not sure how many of you know me, I do more reading than typing..

To be honest, I only seem to post or reply on here when I am feeling low..

Seems a little unfair when I come here looking for support and I'm not giving any back..

I've only been on here for a couple of weeks, so hopefully, As I do better with my drinking, I'll have some inspiration to offer everyone else looking for input..

I suffer depression/anxiety that all but disappears with 3 days AF...

Drinking excessively makes me feel depressed and hopeless and withdrawn and scared and isolated...But I still drink...

It's been 3 days AF and I am now on beer number three (so totally sober).. I know I will be quite drunk by the time I go to bed...I cant stop now...

I've been doing 3 days AF, think I can sort it all out myself without you all and then get drunk and log right back in the next day...Followed by 3 days AF, then getting drunk again....

Still, I am at least drinking less and very aware of when and how much I am now drinking, which is better than not remembering what I've done 3 mornings a week...

Ive been drinking way too much for a long time, I know it's not going to turn around overnight...But I HAVE started, which is the most importaint thing...

I'm also determined not to be too hard on myself...I've read posts by people who were once drinking 2 or 3 bottles of wine a night, hating themselves because they drank a bottle of wine after 3 weeks AF!

Realizing and doing something about your drinking problem is awesome!

Becoming obsessed about it and expecting unrealistic results is really quite detrimental...

I could feel like guilty all day tomorrow for getting drunk tonight or I could use it as a reminder and then congratulate myself for making a start and having 3 days AF before getting smashed again (which is a vast improvement from 3 weeks ago)

What do you think?

David :l
    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
    Oscar Wilde

How is Your Perspective?

Hi,

Know what you mean, I was forever beating myself up over my drinking, but have recently have become clear enough to delve into the reasons behind it. It's been a scary trip, but it's like a light bulb has finally been lit in my head. I've been playing the part of a victim for too long, and have finally got myself to the doc for help, it all starts in a big way this week, 3 appointments, drug and alcohol counellor tuesday, psyciatrist Wednesday and my doctor friday, yay! And I reckon the campral is helping big time, I'm feeling like a new person, not cured but feeling very positve about everything....

And I've suffered depression for most of my life, hence I guess I'm amazed at how good I'm feeling!

I'm rambling, but feeling so good about the future, I have hope again, Yay!

Love Jas xxx
    :thanks: :h

Comment

How is Your Perspective?

I think I have to admit I might be off to the Doc soon as well...

Wow, takes a long time to sink in that you have a problem eh?

Good luck! xxx
      The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

How is Your Perspective?

I apologize for starting 3 identical threads...

I thought I was editing my post but was posting it!

I'm not even drunk!

Sorry...

David
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
        X