Born on the 4th of July.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Born on the 4th of July.

Nope.....I was'nt born on that day.....But it did get your attention. On this day I reflect,,,,
    My father spent 25 yrs. in the military. He was in 3 wars. ( 2nd World War, Korea, & Veitnam.) He is buried in Arlington National Cem.... My dad is my hereo ! (My refections ) IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Born on the 4th of July.

Hey my dad was in the second world war also but he drank himself to death no hero stuff just trumatic stress syndrome unmedically treated so home medicated. Eventually the fifth heart attack got him, not on the 4th of July though.
    Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Born on the 4th of July.

IAD,
      I raise my hat to your father and yours too boycie. Men experience such horrific trauma in times of war. I have the greatest respect for all our soldiers, past and present.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Born on the 4th of July.

Boycie,
        It's a shame ! All those that fought for freedom suffered so much afterwards ! Have you seen the conditions @ Walter Reed for our returning VETS. Sh,, I Hope the conditions are.nt that bad everywhere else ! IAD.
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Born on the 4th of July.

An aussie tribute

We have ANZAC day, all the old diggers and their families parade through the streets of every town, and then we hit the pubs or clubs for an afternoon of 2 Up, it's illegal every other day of the year...

And in the local soldiers club 9pm every night the lights are turned off and we all stand up and listen to the bugal play, and pay tribute to the men and boys that gave their lives for our freedom.

I don't know if it's quite the same, but it's our tribute to our independance...

Love Jas xxx
          :thanks: :h

Comment

Born on the 4th of July.

P
            It does'nt matter! When we celebrate freedom it's all good !
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Born on the 4th of July.

Jas

Sorry...what's 2 UP?

Lisa

Comment

Born on the 4th of July.

My Father server in the Korean War, and both my Brother and I server in the 1st Gulf War. We are very proud to have served and would do it again in a heart beat. I know this sounds strange but I hope my son goes in for even one term as an officer.

You can say what you want about the military but it teaches you many things that are truly worth it.

IAD and all others that have family members that served - Be proud! The sacrifices they made are tremendous, even in peace time. Never doubt our soldiers... they are the weapon, you can doubt the weilder though (our government).
                Hablur

Comment

Working...
                X