• Show
Clear All

After 25 years I am leaving my husband

((SK))

U can bring the doggie here.

Comment

Hil,
      You have been supportive of me and now I return the favor.
      Do what you have to do..."to thine own self be true".
      Love yourself....First......

You always have our support....

:h Love,
      Nancy
      "Be still"
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hilary dear, WOW! That took a lot of thought and contemplating to get to this place I am sure. I wish you hope and love, wrapped in peace and joy. It will be there . . . in time. It is a good decision b/c is life is short.

Hugs and Love, Mary

PS: I am just coming across this thread, it is sad sweetie. Give yourself plenty of time for just you.

Comment

Just wanted to check in and let SK know I am thinking about her and holding good thoughts. Now it is off to din din. No duck soup for me.

Much love SK,
          lucky

Comment

:l Hi Hilary...

I'm sorry to hear of your situation but at the same time am glad for you because you are doing something very couragious and positive for yourself. You sound like a very strong woman who knows what she wants and who deserves it. This was not an overnight decision. Sometimes we need to listen to that inner voice- it knows what's best.:l
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi, Just got home a little bit ago and have been checking posts. I am thinking of you and just here to say HI. Have a good sleep if you can and we are here for you.

Sammys

Comment

Hilary - me again.

I've been thinking long and hard about your situation and you know,... it doesn't matter if it's 25 years or 17 years or 10 years or 5 or 2 ... the bottom line is "do I want to spend the next 25-17-10-5-2 years like this?"

Makes a difficult decision easier, don't you think?

Sometimes we inadvertently 'find' ourselves without even having realised we were lost.

You have obviously been lost and invisible for a long time. Take back the essence that is You.

My regards.

Comment

Hilary!
                  Freedom is a wonderful thing. You will see.

Hugs
                  K
                  Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                  April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                  wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                  wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                  wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                  wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                  wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                  wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                  http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Tawny, so true. My thoughts exactly about the years I wasted waitin for change.
                    We're not gettin any younger Hilary.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

'The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.' You are making a very hard decision and I applaud you. The uncertainty you face at the moment will pass and you will find your way. Keep up the good work with the booze and remember you are never alone - as long as you have a computer, we are all here to give you that shoulder to lean on and ear to bend........
                      "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Comment

Just read this thread and my eyes are welling with tears for you. Just wanted to add my "Good Luck" to the pot of support here - stay strong, although I know from experience it is so, so hard. So many people here are thinking about you today.

Best wishes

Comment

SK, Huge hugs from the Highlands. Your courage is amazing, thank you for sharing this. Through your hurt I want you to know that you are helping me to have the courage to keep on being strong. I too am finding certain folks in my life not 'taking to' the new me since refinding my self esteem.

Thinking of you this weekend and wishing you 'peace and stillness of mind'.

Lorna
                          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I am so sorry you are in the midst of this. As you know my hubby and I separated too when I stopped drinking. We were apart for 6months. You never know maybe some time apart would be good for you and him. It certainly gave me the strength to grow and figure out what I want and need in life. We reconciled and things couldn't be better really. Try not to think of your separation as a permanent thing. Just think of it as a time to grow and figure things out. Like taking a break. You never know what the future holds. Hang in there - and feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

Comment

Again, thank you all. We are not discussing divorce. I am hoping he will go back to counseling for some issues. He is older than me by 9 years and doesn't want to be alone. I have to be here thru most of August as I have to pet sit while he igoes on a pre-planned trip. I'll probably spend the winter in TX, then not too sure.

Thanks again. :h :h :h
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SKendall;159952 wrote: I am hurting.
                                I feel for you I have no way of imagining how painful it can be to break off such a long term relationship. you are brave. stay strong hugs
                                trix:h
                                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                                X