After 25 years I am leaving my husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like tawney's message very much!! Very much indeed! ..."the times they are a'changin"..for me too... spiritually

Comment

SK,
      It will seem like the biggest decision in your life! It will be. I can remmember when I told my first wife that I wanted to leave....she said can't we stay together even if we don't love each other....How observe. I told her how can I stay here when there is no love. anyway things happen. It's up to you to make the right decision. Staying in a relationship for convenitence does'nt work. IAD. Not that you would do that.....
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

SK,

I left my husband 10 years ago after a 13 year marriage and having our two kids. I have not regretted a single moment of that decision.

If it's not working, it's not working.

It's not always going to be good, and it's not always going to be bad. Most of it depends on how you look at things. Look forward with a postitive attitude and you can't help but have a good life.

Flip
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hillary,

I am just seeing this and wanted to send my best to you as well. I really hope you are doing okay. Stay strong!!! :l
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that my heart goes out to you and I think that as long as you are true to yourself you can do no wrong. Hugs
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Change is difficult. I just wanted to wish you happiness, whatever you decide to do. My ex-husband and I divorced after almost 19 years together. Just today, when I was dropping off the kids (we've been divorced for almost eight years, and I remarried three years ago)...anyway-- for some reason I tried to remember something that made me feel personally connected to him in the past. I couldn't remember anything. Time changes things. If you are unhappy, something has to change. Whatever you decision, take care of yourself. It took me about five years to feel like my new life was my real life--and it was a better life. Good luck.

Julie

Comment

(((Skendall)))

Just wanted to add my support for you as well, in whatever you decide to do, it is a tuff road that you are on, deciding to take a step that can change everything. My thoughts are with you. :h Suz
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Gosh Hilary, I've just read this thread and what you're going through. I applaud you for your courage. Life *is* short and it sounds like you're leaving at the best time... the right time (not that there always is a 'right' time). I've been through this and was the one to leave ie end the marriage (actually he left and I bought him out of the house) so I can relate very well to the emotions you're dealing with right now.

I am thinking of you and I think Harts offer sounds sincere and genuine, but you just do what you feel is right for you. Freedom is a wonderfully liberating feeling, so embrace it with all your might.

Lots of love and support from me, now at your crossroads and also continuing on through your life journey.

Bernie
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Aw Hilary
                    You are an inspiration. Your strength of resolve and your attitude are truly beautiful things. Follow your heart/instinct and you won't be lead astray. You are full of courage and class.
                    Love always
                    Jen
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

:bump: I just read this. Sorry honey i had no idea. I haven't seen you mention this again elsewhere. I hope everything is going ok for you. Let us know how it's going. I have been married 10 years and I could not imagine. :l
                      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Dear Hillary,

Have just caught up so just want to add my support and best wishes at this difficult time. My husband left me after 16 years of marriage 8 years ago, and after the initial trauma I have been growing every day. I thank him now for having the strength to do what I didn't - change a situation that was not working. Now I can look at it that he gave me my freedom. So my hat off to you for having that courage to take control of your future.
                        Warmest wishes and good luck. You're surrounded by friends here! :h
                        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                        Goals:
                        Days 1-7 DONE
                        Days 8-14 DONE
                        Days 15-21 DONE
                        30 days DONE
                        60 days
                        100 days

Comment

Yes..So how are you doing this week Hillary dear??

Comment

Working...
                          X