Are all alcoholics this smart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM A GENIUS, I KNEW IT!!!!! There is nothing wrong with me except the rest of the world simply can not keep up with my intellect and to think how smart I was before killing off half my "good smarts" ..WHEW...LMAO

Comment

i must be an anomaly, i'm just stupid.

roxane

Comment

We are smarter than most

Hi

My IQ and EQ are off the charts. I am excited about meeting others that are the same. I am certain that intelligence can predispose one to alcoholism and also.... brilliance... and ... other good stuff

I am new to this site and want so much to give up drinking! am about to start topa and a bit scared... but excited at the same time :-)

Comment

Roxane, we're not buying it

heya princess C. welcome!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

I also feel that many of the people on this website are intelligent, wise and also emotionally available. I think emotional availability is actually hard to find in real life.

Perhaps the struggle with a problem as serious as alcoholism deepens us, or perhaps the depth was already there and made it difficult to accept life as it is, leading to escape through alcohol. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Obsessive thinking can lead to interesting discoveries and achievements, but it can also drive you crazy, making it difficult to stay in your own skin without some help.

Comment

Hello everyone,
              I would like to think I am intelligent in some way, I guess 21 days AF is a good sign.

I like this thread very intelligent idea!!

kitkat
              AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
              Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

no really, dim as a 40 watt bulb

roxane

Comment

a humble thought

It just occurred to me that there are many kinds of intelligence. And I know for sure I am deficient in some of the types that are not thinking-related...

Anyone else feel that way?

Comment

What was that writers name who lived on Key West? I think he was a drinker and what about Jack London? Me thinks him too. I don't know. I've drank with some people that were not too bright....but thinking back they all had a talent for something or other. Bird

Comment

nancy;160578 wrote:

Obsessive thinking can lead to interesting discoveries and achievements, but it can also drive you crazy, making it difficult to stay in your own skin without some help.

Nancy is that original or did your damaged brain cells derive it? I like it.
                      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

oh yes, that is original from the damaged cells.

though I sometimes recall a quote, (was it tennessee williams?), that life is like solitary confinement in our own skin.

something to that effect, i should look it up.

New text (googled the quote):

The title of this article is a paraphrase of something Tennessee Williams wrote: "We are all sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life." By ‘solitary confinement’ he was referring to the cage or prison called loneliness.

Comment

Bird, that was Ernest Hemingway. I saw his house when I was in key west once! And yeah, he was a boozer for sure. And had a ton of cats running around that house of his.

Oh - my bf just told me that Hemingway blew his head off, and many people are convinced that it was due to his drinking.
                          Hugs,
                          imatree

Comment

yep, a lot of drinkers I know are extremely intelligent, at least in my circle . lots of artists and writers or just people with amazing minds.
                            I have used alcohol to slow down my brain and mind so I can deal with everyday life. It worked for a while.
                            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

magic;160443 wrote: Thanks, Tawny.

I have a clear vision of one now.

Yes, SK, I have read that Churchill began his day with a hot bath and a Scotch.

I believe that he ran around his home naked as well.

magic xx :schmokin:
                              'I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me' Winston Churchill
                              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

"Hell is other people." Jean Paul Sartre
                                "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Working...
                                X