Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding to go to....

Sojul,

I just read about the driving issue to the wedding. I think the best thing ever is VZ Navigation which is on some of the Verizon Wireless cell phones. It speaks to you and gives turn-by-turn directions and is excellent. It is only $1.99 per day or you can pay $9.99 per month for unlimited use. I really encourage it for those like me who are directionally challenged.

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Hi sujul,
      The last time I went to a big wedding in NJ I took topamax before hand and was fine. But why the stockings on such a hot day? And I know exactly what you mean about the highways --eat before you go so you can think

Comment

Wedding to go to....

hope your having fun sue I have all the faith in ya.
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wedding to go to....

I'm just sending some prayers your way, Susan, as you've already gotten lots of good advice. Remember your own mantra, "Anything it takes!" Even if you need to take a walk during the reception for a bit.....in heels, no less! I'll be thinking of you today.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wedding to go to....

so, how did it go?
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Wedding to go to....

:thanks: everyone, for your wisdom and support!

Wedding was beautiful and all is well.... I had to be proactive in refusing wine and champagne--the waiters were there refilling glasses at every opportunity! Of course, the final tab depends on how much the guests consume so they make sure you drink as much as possible! It would have been very difficult if I had not been as intentional about not drinking as I was...I would not recommend this type of situation to anyone who is not clear as to how they will handle it....for me, it was many glasses of selzer and lime that did the trick!

The other "problems" I was stressing about resolved themselves quickly--everyone had a great time and we all enjoyed catching up with each other....

I was able to find the place fairly easily with a combo of yahoo and mapquest--the only thing that caused us to be late was the traffic jam caused by the afternoon Yankee game!

Thanks again, everyone! This would have been much more difficult without the support I got from y'all!
              "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wedding to go to....

:thumbs: That's awesome Sujul! Good job well done! I'm so happy for you-I can feel you glowing! :rays:Another AF notch on that belt.

WooHoo!:happy:
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Wedding to go to....

I can only say that God doesn't give you more than you can cope with.

Best Wishes
                  Diamond xx
                  I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                  I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Glad you were armed Sujul.:goodjob:
                    Enough is enough

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Congrats Sujul. You did really well. Hope I can do as well at my Sister's Hen Do and Wedding! x

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Yeah Susan!
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Way to Go!

I'm so happy for you, Susan. Thanks for letting us all know!
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Yet another great accomplishment for you Sujul........very well done!!!

Starlight Impress

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Thanks again, all you sweet, sweet people! I have a wee confession that I can only make here and I won't make to ANYONE else...the wedding photos were posted online in Kodak Gallery--and I actually DELETED a pic of me from the gallery...I know, bad, huh?? The thing is that I looked horrendous in the shot...I was sort of leaning forward at a strange angle and, well, let's just say I looked like some sort of hunchbacked gnome....it had to go...probably the happy couple has the whole thing on a CD, but anyone looking online will not see that horrendous picture. So there!!
                              "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wedding to go to....

LOL Sujul. I would have done the same thing. Nice you had the option to delete it. If it makes you feel any better a friend of mine showed me some pictures of a party from last summer and because of the angle I looked literally 100 pounds heavier than I am, not to mention I was holding a 1.5 liter of wine in my hand and looked like complete trash. I waited until he was not looking and I shoved it in my purse and ripped it up when I got home.
                                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                                X