Wedding to go to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding to go to....

:H :H I very rarely laugh out loud when I'm by myself...but I just howled when I read your post, Lushy.....I'm STILL laughing...

It reminded me of a friend who was looking at some photos and suddenly screamed: "I look like a f**king BOLSTER in this one!" I think she was wearing one of those hideous shapeless down coats and she really did look like some giant pillow thing!! Of COURSE she immediately tore it in half....:H

(btw, I'm sure it never ocurred to the kind bridesmaid who used her personal account to post these photos that ANYONE would have the gall to actually delete one of them....:H )
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Su: I usually get anxious when I have an event to go to whether it be a wedding, family gathering, a friend's bbq, etc.... Keep in mind, that one, two or three drinks usually gives a person a good buzz. From there, it is all down hill. Take note of the people drinking around you and see what I mean. After a few drink, people talk too much, are up in your face (and you can't get away from them), or say and do stupid things. You will feel so good about yourself waking up the next morning feeling refreshed and being able to remember the event. Not only "take in" what you see with the drinkers around you, but take in all the beauty of the wedding and come home with having nice memories of it. You will do fine. Remember, drinking isn't worth it. It is not going to enhance your beauty, your personality and take away your anxiety. It will only bring on anxiety the next day when fearing you said or did something out of line. Let us know about the wedding and how much you enjoyed it.
      September 23, 2011

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Hey Reenie--You didn't read the whole thread--it happened on Sunday! And I posted about it further up the thread...if you read back a little you'll see it...it was a lot like you said though...thanks! And I'm still abs--hooray!

Your advice is great! And you're right--I feel sooo good that I didn't cave to the champagne.

:thanks:
        "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wedding to go to....

Su: Too funny. I didn't realize there were 4 pages to your original post. I'm happy to hear you had a nice time and that everything worked out for you! You made it through the evend while still abstaining. Way to go!
          September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
          X