Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close one phew!!!

Hi all,

Yesturday was a lovely sunny day here which makes a change so I decided to go on a bike ride with my son and it turned out a disaster we were going along the canal far from home and my sons chain on his bike came off I put it back on with great difficulty as it was all twisted got my hands covered in oil, and then it happened again and again and again by this stage i was fuming I also needed to pee so i decided just a little further then we will come to a big super market and I could pee get lunch sit down and relax away my frustration so we did then we headed back home and of course the chain kept coming off I bumped into a couple of bikers along the canal who took there time out to take a look at the bike. They done something to it then we headed off again five minutes later the chain came off again my hands were covered in oil again and i was getting worked up I nearlly threw the bike in the canal i was shouting at the top of my voice at the bike and kicking it heheheheh ( i must of looked funny to anyone else having a girly fit) then a thought just popped into my head ( I NEED A DRINK) to calm down.

Then I just went into pissed off mode because what was supposed to be a mother and son day turned out to be terrible anyway we ended up walking back home pushing our bikes. I sat down and i was convincing myself to get a drink and I hated how just because something didnt go to plan I automatically thought of alcohol to make me feel better I didnt get a drink because I know that I would have felt 100 times worse than what I felt at the time. After several cups of teas and fags I picked up my book and read that until late then i went to bed and feel better this morning for not caving in.

But my point is Im so used of getting a drink when im angry with something that Ive got to change that. How else do I get rid of anger without turning to the drink ???? I know I read my book etc but what happens next time the situation of anger isnt with a bike but with a person I HATE ARGUING...........and in the past ive just walked away and drank the anger away.............Im 22days AF just about........

Anyway thanks for reading hope you are all happy and safe :h

Close one phew!!!

Well Keepon...you just found out that anger/fustration is a alcohol trigger! But I think anyone would need a drink after that bloody chain fell off 100 times!!!! The important thing here is you didn't have a drink. thats good isn't it? And when you are in a situation where you are angry with other person, you will still walk away and have several cups of tea instead of drinking it away with alcohol. You are so much more aware now of what is happening to you, you will be able to handle it. Its yet another challenge but ride it through because you know what happens if you don't. I think you have done sooooo well on 22 days AF. Keep going. Bella xxx

Comment

Close one phew!!!

You`re doing fab. with the AF Keepon, so keep on going!!!

I read on one of the boards the other day how someone said it`s so easy for us to seek solace in drink when we feel stressed out, and that drink sure busts the stress quicker, but if we just hang on in there, the stress will disappear, albeit a little more slowly, without resorting to drink.

Well done on being so strong!!! I love cycling.............stresses me out too though when things go wrong..........am all for equality, shame I never learned how to deal with inner-tubings, punctures and the likes..........have all the emergency cycle tools.........just never learned to use `em!!! LOL

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Close one phew!!!

I am stressed just reading about the biking disaster! Sounds like a great opportunity to flex the abs muscle and be stronger thereafter. 22 days is FAB!

Comment

Close one phew!!!

Keepon!!!!;160799 wrote:
          Then I just went into pissed off mode because what was supposed to be a mother and son day turned out to be terrible anyway
          I think it was still a wonderful AF time you spent with your son that you can look back upon & laugh. Any moment spendt with your children AF is making wonderful memories for them.

Congrats on 22!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Close one phew!!!

Congrats on 22 days... That really is awesome! As per Bella, you just worked out your trigger, so maybe you could share the focus of sobriety with dealing with anger effectively. I am clueless but there must be some simple effective tips for dealing with this sort of stress we all face. Maybe I should read up on it too! :H

Well done!

Scoobs
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Close one phew!!!

Your anger dissipated slowly, over time, just like a normal person w/o booze. I think we all just have to get used to learning to deal with our feelings like other people do. No magic answers!:upset: Really, just drinking tea and reading was a terrific solution and eventually, you got settled down.

When I was a teen, before I drank, I used to write in my journal when I was angry at someone. Some of it was so vituperative and nasty, but I got it out, and then I was able to be reasonable again, at least for a teen:H .

We can learn to do this. It's hard for me too, learning to deal with strong emotions without a drink!

You did well, though. Have faith in yourself! Congrats on 22 days. You are off to a great start!

Kathy:l
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Close one phew!!!

:goodjob:
                Wow what a challenge!! Congrats on 22 days. As frustrating as the day was--you did it!! Best of all was that your son was able to see that you delt with the frustration without resorting to drink!!

btw did you get the chain fixed-you guys need a do over

Comment

Close one phew!!!

Thanks all for reading and responding much appreciated

Rob I will be taking the bike into the bike shop tommorrow let the experts fix it just hope it dont cost too much

Comment

Working...
                  X