Garden check!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden check!!

I just picked two banana peppers out of my garden, the tomatoes plants are huge and have lots of flowers on them. I also am about a week away from picking a purple bell pepper. The pumpkin and squash vines are huge with big yellow flowers on them.

Yah!!!!! Lots of weeds, racked them up as best I could. I have absolutely no patience for picking weeds by hand.

Sammys

Garden check!!

Sounds good sammys,
    Nothing tastier that fresh, home grown produce.

Comment

Garden check!!

Cool Sammy's my garden is doing quite well too. I don't have any peppers yet though. My tomato plants are also huge! and pretty flowers on pumpkin plants as well.

Marcie
      Marcie

Comment

Garden check!!

Tomatoes tomatoes tomatoes....
        Squash squash squash
        Come on down!
        Made tomado basil soup today! I was bored with salsa... my family's favorite.
        Of course no one shows up to help!!!
        Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Garden check!!

OOO Southern fresh salsa is the best!!!!!! I can eat a whole back of tortillas chips with fresh salsa. The soup sounds so good!!! I would help you and yes I do not get any help either with the garden or housework.

Sammys

Comment

Garden check!!

Sammys, I am from Wisconsin too and my garden seems to be very behind this year. I only have a few flowers on my peppers and tomato plants. However, my raspberry plants are dripping with fruit.

Comment

Garden check!!

I'm also in Wisconsin and I didnt think strawberrys were doing well until I saw a squirrel eating them! That explains it!
              Marcie

Comment

Garden check!!

Sammy, have you ever taken the squash blossoms, dipped them in a tempura batter and fried them up? Soooo good.

Southernbelle, you made something other than salsa!!!???? Shocking. If you have too much in your pantry you can always send some my way.

My daughter picked raspberries off of a bush she planted three years ago and had some on her cereal this morning. I am shocked the squirrels did not eat them before she had a chance to pick them. You should have seen how proud she was of herself this morning when she put them on her cereal. Other than that we have nothing. I did not plant my herbs, no tomatoes got planted. Next year I am dedicating my spring and summer to having a huge garden.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Garden check!!

Didn't plant vegetables this year. I have spent all my time landscaping with flowers and shrubs. After two years, it's starting to look pretty good. I am going to spend one entire day next week rototilling a spot for a veg garden for next year and also a new perennial garden. Lots of work to do. Two years ago I gardened so hard I got terrible carpal tunnel syndrome from it and terrible tendonitis in my shoulder. I finally had to have surgery for the CTS and am still battling with shoulder problems all the time. ( I KNOW you are all shedding LOTS of tears for me by now) :upset:

Anyhow, my flowers are finally starting to bloom well. I am putting up a few more pictures of flowers and their buggies on the photo gallery - as if you are not sick of my flowers yet.

I am so jealous of those of you with vegetables. Southern - send me a truckload!!!
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Garden check!!

I want Sammys to plant in my garden! My fingers are definitely not green.
                    Enough is enough

Comment

Garden check!!

Hey Sammys !! I hilled my happy potatoe plants, My tomatoes are making fruit, onions galore !! 4 stalks of corn UGG!! Remember me ??? I was the dumb one that put the fertilizer in with the veg seeds and burned them... Learning experience taken ! What veggies I do have are doing well though, so I'm taking extra care for them... Hubby burned the weeds this spring all through my raspberry plants, so voila ! not many canes survived the forest fire.. Next spring NO MATCHES FOR HIM !! I froze about 12 lbs of rhubarb also... My flower bed is so beautiful this year so all in all not all is lost !! Take Care All !! On the upside I can see weeds growing where I know there isn't anything else and I can just flip them the bird ! Tee !! Hee !! Hugs, ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Garden check!!

Waves - you definitely don't want ALL your fingers to be green - only your thumbs!!! If they were all green, you would have a disgusting disease or something. :H
                        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Garden check!!

Sammys -- wow --congratulations -- you started gardening this year right? Isn't it great!! I used to love those big pumpkin & squash vines & flowers.

I have tomatoes in big containers so I can protect from groundhogs..I have a few ripe plum tomatoes.. I could spend my life gardening ...

I am so jealous of southernbelle...

Comment

Garden check!!

Mags,
                            I was going to write youtoday about your flowers. I am jsut getting into natire photogrpahy. You do beauitiful work..

What kin d of camera do youuse???? Thank you

Comment

Garden check!!

Southernebelle -- you wonder woman -- did you post the fresh tomatoe basil soup recipe????

lushy -- unbelievable food ideas you have -- I love it!!!

Hey -- I know we could have a Gardening Corner Forum!! We can ask questions & talk about plants all year

Comment

Working...
                              X