Hen Do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hen Do!

Hi. I'm going to my Sister's Hen Do at the weekend and would welcome any advice on how to only have a couple?! Usually I seem to lose count after having a couple and then make a complete fool of myself, feel quilty etc. I don't want to be remembered after the event for drinking too much. If I don'y have a drink my sister will think it strange but not sure if I'll be able to stop myself having more?! Apparantly we're going out for something to eat Saturday when I get there so another hurdle. I'm really looking forward to it but just don't know how to stay 'relatively' sober!

Hen Do!

Hi Sunshinem

IM no expert because I carnt moderate at all.........but I have heard others say that.....each alcoholic drink you have have a soft drink after like one on off if you know what I mean....also as we all know eat something beforehand line your stomach.....and buy drink low alcohol....or if spirits.....have twice as much coke in it to make it last longer.....Im sure you know all this already......and its harder when you actually try and do it........I hope you have a lovely time.....Keepon:h

Comment

Hen Do!

Thanks Keepon. Yeah, it is easier said than done! It's great to know I can come here and talk to people who understand and won't judge! Am so desparate not to be the one who makes a complete idiot of themselves! Oh well, keep your fingers crossed! x

Em.

Comment

Hen Do!

Good advice.

For every drink have a water in between and eat. Do you have the supplements? Take them before you go and take them while you are there. Keep moving and keep talking to people and just keep your glass filled with water instead of the alcohol. You will thank yourself the next day!! Have a great time.

By the way...what is a Hen Do?
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hen Do!

Hi Beaches

Thanks for the reply. A Hen Do is when the Bride-to-Be gets together with her friends and female members of the family for a meal or something to celebrate before she gets married. I've never been on one before but thankfully I think it's going to be reasonably refined (yeah right!).

I'm not taking any vits or anything as not sure wether I needed to. I don't drink everyday but when I do, I know when to stop but can't!

Is there anything that I could take that would lessen the need to have as many?

Am new to the site and not sure what's available.

Thanks.

Em.

Comment

Hen Do!

Em you should try the L-Glut and the kudzu from this site. They really help with cravings etc.
            Jen
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hen Do!

Thanks InnerSrength. I'll probably give them a go but unfortunately won't get them in time for the weekend. I'll just have to try and excercise some restraint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm already feeling like I need a glass of wine. It all seems to be getting so stressfull. Am so glad it's not me who's getting married! Determined to be good tho. Just cooking my tea and them going to take Max for a walk. Hopefully the desire for a glass of wine might of disappeared (slightly) by then.

I like your pic by the way lol!

Speak to you all later.

Em

Comment

Working...
              X