Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All

Hi

I have been reading your threads for a while but have only just registered. I have been trying to break my habit for a while now, I drink on average half a bottle (350mls) a night and sometimes more.

As a result, this has also increased my panic attacks causing me to quit my job due to stress. I am now on antidepressants which are helping and taking naltraxone for the alcohol but it does not seem to curb my desire for the floating feeling I get once I have had a few drinks.

Last week I managed two days A/F but as soon as my hubby started drinking again I was back on the merry go round again.

I want to be healthy again and to be a responsible role model for my teenage boys but instead I keep drinking.

Recently I fractured my eye socket, splitting my eye open and causing a black eye that I could not open for 5 days and my body is constantly covered in massive bruises, all due to me falling while drunk.

I feel so afraid that I will not get the better of this and it will get me way too early.

Sorry to be so morbid, but I'm sure some of you know where I'm coming from, I look forward to chatting in the future.

Cheers

Trillby:new:

Hello All

:welcome: Dear Trillby, and welcome!

Sometimes you have to ride that merry-go-round around a few times before you get the hang of this program but stick with it. It works. Also, don't underestimate your strength!

All of the best, Eustacia

Comment

Hello All

(((Trillby)))

You DO sound like you have been thru a wringer! Are you trying supplements hon? Campral and Topa are some of the most used, read about them. It sounds like you REALLY need to talk with your doc. My hubby drinks too, so I KNOW how hard it is when your partner is still drinking and you are trying to cut down or stop.

You'll find a lot of great, supportive people here, hon. Glad you came on board.:welcome:

Comment

Hello All

Half a bottle of what? if its wine it does not sound like alot .....however if its upsetting you then its a problem .Very good luck to you.

Comment

Hello All

Gosh Trilby you have been through the mill.

There is alot of information here about other meds so hopefully you can find something that suits you better.

Nice to have you here, good luck for the future.

Kitty
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
          Confucius

Comment

Hello All

Welcome Trillby! I got sick of hurting myself and my family too. welcome to an amazing place. When I managed to get alcohol-free my anxiety and pannic feelings all subsided and the sleep is great.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello All

Hi Trillby and welcome. I really know what you mean about that hopeless feeling when you want so badly to quit this thing, and every day the drinking starts again with the guilt and whatever other long list of problems come with it for you.

I am SO THRILLED that I found this site!! I am new here, and am only on my second AF day. I read the book, I ordered all of the recommended supplements from this site, and also the hypnotic CDs. I just today receieved my Topa, but am on the fence about whether I will take that or not. It is like a miracle for me to find a PROVEN method that speaks to me so clearly. (and of course there are different methods for different folks!). but....there is such ready acceptance here to tailor the program to what works for YOU.

I have a very long road to go. But for the first time...really ever, I have hope that I can conquer this addiction for good - with a great plan and with great people to support me in this journey.

I'm not sure where you are in your planning process. The book is a great place to start, and also reading everything here which it sounds like you have been doing. I hope you can find the same hope here that I have.

DG
              Day 2 AF
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello All

Welcome Trillby, You are blessed as we all are to be where you won't be judged, but rather will be supported. I hope that you get alot out of this experience.. Have you tried Kudzu Rescue? It was what killed all my cravings... It wouldn't bother me to be around others that chose to have a few drinks.. You sound like you are definately ready for change. I wish you alot of luck... Don't be afraid to ask any type of question as somebody here will likely be able to help you out in one way or another.. Again, Welcome Hugs to you for joining us, we're really happy to have you !!! ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                X