health???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

health???

max again. how bad that i still no further forward than i was before.(sorry betty boop). its my sons 16th birthday tomorow an i so want tonight to be the last time i drink. ha ha. ok high expectations i know. I need to know if anyone knows if yr skin, hair an nails suffer because of the drink, my nails dont grow anymore, they peel an break an I shed more hair than a dog. If I stop drinkin might that reduce my hair loss or has it nothin to do with it. I am just curious. thanx guys
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

health???

My skin used to peel-big time (face, finger tips and soles of feet). It was bad. It's from alcohol dehydrating you.

Alcohol depletes you of vital vit. B's which is essential for good hair, nail & skin. My hair did look like crap come to think of it.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

health???

Maxineann nice to "hear" from you. Sounds like two things for sure....first order of health is the obvious one (for all of us) and secondly I'd suggest a very aggressive vitamin/mineral program and tons of water. and bring a clean hankie. and a scarf. ok I'm done now
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

health???

I noticed my fingernails the most. They were terrible when I was drinking and would crack, peel and break all the time. I just finally gave up on them. My hair also fell out quite a bit and even my friend who cuts it commented on how thin it was getting. Plus I had bumpy skin on my face and dark circles under my eyes. I really looked like hell, I suppose. Since I quit drinking my hair and fingernails are back and my face looks much better - my skin and eyes are much clearer.

Quitting drinking can definitely be a beauty aid as well as a health aid. Looking better is a side benefit - feeling and being healthy is the most important. Are you taking Kudzu? What can we do to help you?

:goodluck:
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

health???

I am with all of the others here. My hair, skin, nails, went to crap while drinking excessively. When you stop you will notice some pretty nice changes as your body heals. I am pretty sure hairloss is common when drinking a lot. Mine was shedding quite a bit, and is now just starting to slow down. Thank goodness for short hair I say. At least I can pretend I have volume(lots of mousse, hairdryer). I am sure if I had long hair it would look like a rat's tail.

I would suggest to you even if you are drinking to start taking vitamins. I did this before I quit for a good month. I believe it helped me rebound faster.

Comment

health???

Max,
            Make sure to get some fish oils or flax seed oils in!

Comment

health???

Happier is right about the oils with the omega-3s in them. I've started using flaxseed oil in making salad dressing and it can taste quite good.

:heart: E

Comment

health???

Hi Maxine, You have nothing to be sorry for .............

It's lovely to see you back posting ......

Take care love, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

health???

Hi Maxine,

My skin suffers, I would get really sore red patches especially on my legs that would really itch. I used to blame it on excema but it was definately from drinking because it would clear up after a few days.

I take 1000mg of flaxseed oil twice daily and that has really helped plus it has been brilliant for my nails.

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

Working...
                  X