Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Side Effects Input?

Hi Boardies,

Looking for some input if you're on Topamax.

I'm considering beginning, and was doing some online research and came up with the following alarming list of side effects.

Could you comment on your experience?

I mean, my job requires thinking (as most do) and being stupid or aphasic would certainly get in the way--

TIA-
    GroovyC

Topamax's Typical Side Effects: The usual for anticonvulsants. A pins & needles effect that usually goes away after no more than a week or two. Weight loss and appetite suppression - but please note that not everyone gets this side effect. Sodas and other carbonated beverages will utterly taste like ass, so you may as well give them up now if you're considering Topamax. Memory loss, aphasia (weird words coming out in place of what you meant to say or write), word find problems (not being able to recall the names of people, things or concepts), and a general cognitive impairment that has earned this drug the nicknames "Stupamax" and "Dopamax." As Topamax typically makes you really sleepy and has a long enough half-life, you can usually get away with taking it all at bedtime.
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
    Talent will not-- nothing is more common than
    unsuccessful people with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve
    the problems of the human race.
    -- Calvin Coolidge
Working...
X