Partner's Point Of View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partner's Point Of View

Last night I was in bed with hubby watching TV. We were watching a movie and I said "Isn't that Sean SoAndSo (a friend of ours) wait I mean Sean Penn?" and I laughed at myself. Hubby responce was, "what are you wasted?" Now, I was really exhausted and I was talking slowly probably almost at a slur. I was however stone sober and had not had a drink. I have also had quite some time now with successful moderation.

The old me would have gotten angry at such an accusation or resentful and rolled over and gone to sleep. Last night night I just understood that it really was a legitimate question and this is going to take a long time. So, my with my new attitude in place I simply laughed again and said "No, I'm just really exhausted". He laughed as well and we went along.

Anyway, the moral of this rather long winded story is that we really need to understand where are partners are coming from and they have a right to feel the was they do sometimes and it is now our job to be patient.
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Partner's Point Of View

:h
    Enough is enough

Comment

Partner's Point Of View

Very nice, I think you are on to something, being patient and not on edge is the key. It also shows just what pure dead dog tired does to you. In my case us both not being so defensive has helped us tremendously.

Sammys

Comment

Partner's Point Of View

Thank you for sharing this story! It is a great reminder to me that I have spent several years now on the defensive with Mr. Doggy here and there where he made various comments he had every right to make. I will need to work on my reactions in the new me.

DG
        Day 3AF - a long way to go but feelin' good about it.
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Partner's Point Of View

Good reminder PP. I need to take that big breath before snapping. Very good reminder.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Partner's Point Of View

:goodjob: Precious, I'm not in the mood to be reminded right now, but I promise to remember this when I calm down.

Comment

Partner's Point Of View

I totally agree! In fact, lately I've been thinking back to how I used to be and how I used to react to things and I feel like I owe my DH a huge apology. It is very nice that now if I have a mental lapse and he says anything about it, we can both laugh rather than me getting defensive about it or trying to excuse it or cover it up.

Comment

Working...
              X