Meeting in NYC?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting in NYC?!?!

If i can at all manage this I will get there...fly in...my granny is coming again in sept...she can stay with Mama, I would die to meet up with some of you. Let me know.....

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

I am gonna do whatever I can to get there. My better day is a Sunday but by then my hubby may have quit his job and and I could do a whole weekend of coming into Manhattan from Queens to hang out like last year. It was sooooooooooo hot last year because the meetup was in August. It was so hot and humid so I am happy about Sept or Oct. :h
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

I might be able to fly to NY in Oct. Sept going to Arizona for a vac. but I would love to come in Oct.

Sammys

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

looks like we are gonna have to find a huge place to hang
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

This is getting big. I wonder if Madison Square Garden is free one day!!!

Right now I'm off to Manhatten to spend the day with my son and going to a concert tonight at the Garden. I'll ask if they can squeeze us in.
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

Mags: How was your day in NYC with your son and the concert? While there, did you get any ideas as to a great "meet up" spot?
              September 23, 2011

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

Would love to hear the details and updates. Live in NY but have only been to the city once (when living in Texas) and it wasn't a memorable experience.

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

Sigh...ya'll are CLEAR across the country from me ...well have fun anyways! LOVE the new queen avatar Mags-seems to suit you
                  Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

Thanks for asking. My son and I had a wonderful day. He is 22 and just graduated from college and is going off to Arizona to grad school. So I won't see much of him anymore. It was his idea for us to spend a day in the city together. He was on Long Island with some friends - they went to the Mets game Friday night. So he took the train in from the Island and I took the train in from where I am and we met up at Penn Station.

We walked up to Times Square and spent some time at Virgin Records - found some great bargains. Then we hopped the subway to 72 St. and went in Central Park. That is my favorite park entrance - by Strawberry Fields. We sat on the grass and watched the roller blade dancers. He read his book and I just enjoyed the sights. Then we went by the lake and watched some break dancers, etc. The weather was perfect and the park was really alive - but peaceful at the same time.

Then we hopped the subway down to Greenwich Village and went to some used record stores. We had a delicious sushi dinner in the Village.

We went back up to Madison Square Garden to a concert. The band's name is Dispatch and they put on a fabulous concert. They played for three hours. The concert was a benefit for their foundation which does developmental work in Zimbabwe. So they had a children's chorus and some drummers from Zimbabwe performing with them. It was great and we had so much fun.

The City is great, my son is great, it was a perfect day.

I didn't get to scout out any restaurants but will go back and do that soon. Looking forward to all of us meeting up in the Big Apple soon.

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

P.S. Tomorrow we are going back to the city to spend the day in our "old neighborhood" in Brooklyn. Brooklyn is neat. I'll give a report when we get back.

Comment

Meeting in NYC?!?!

Mags, have a fun day in Brooklyn tomorrow! The time spent recently spent with your son sounds wonderful!
                        September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                        X