Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel Alive

Hi everybody,

Ive been reading the posts all week and following how you are all doing!!!!!

Does anyone try and put faces to the names I do......and dont worry they are all very nice faces.......

I would just like to tell you my progress so far......Im 28days AF.......and feel like myself again......Im generally happy for no reason in particular.....just happy to feel sober.....im more confident......I am single.....and when I usually went to bed after stopping drinking....I would feel scared and afraid......and listen for every sound in the house.....Now i go to bed I just flop relax and within seconds im in dreamland.........Also my communication with others is good......where as before I would hide away and not want to be bothered......now im a shoulder to cry on.......I like that being there for others.....Im alot more active and also watch what I eat.....My house is organised and clean.......my bills are paid......im not saying things are perfect because they are not.....its just I can see a big difference to when i drink and dont......and I like not drinking the buzz i get from not drinking is far greater than the one i get from drinking......this time I feel stronger...because a few days ago I was walking along the river to collect my son from school...and their is this very nice old fella that always rides his bike along the river with his dogs and his radio.....( he doesnt know im a problem drinker ).......he is well known to the community he always has his glass of cider on his bike and his bottles in his compartments.......( he obviously stops to drink his cider hehe)......anyway he offered me a drink and I said no thankyou not a good smell for the school hehe.....this old fella looks very well off he never looks drunk and he has many many friends. What im trying to say is I was offered alcohol and I said no thankyou there was no seed planted in my head after where as usually there would have been......I dont take no meds or supps.....its just the thought of not being in control that keeps me going........and coming on here reading and reading and reading thankyou all so much for being here!!!!!!

Luv Keepon:h

Feel Alive

Fantastic effort Keepon - well done!!! No wonder you feel so proud and good to be alive!

PS, some of us ARE ugly!!! lol
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Feel Alive

Keepon,
      That is great. Thank you for sharing that you just sound super!! Good for you.

xox
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Feel Alive

OMG i just got goosebumps reading what you wrote! How you are doing this by yourself is amazing, power to you!.

Wow.

Regards Siggi.

Comment

Feel Alive

Keepon what a great post,

I wish you continued success, well done,

Kitty
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
          Confucius

Comment

Feel Alive

:goodjob: :flower: :yougo: KEEP ON! You sound so happy and secure! Thanx so much for sharing.

Comment

Feel Alive

Keepon...Keep going! Today is day 11 for me. I also feel much better. I'm also happy for no apparent reason. Then again, I have been waking up with no feelings of guilt, remorse, headache, etc... I too have been watching my diet, think more clearly and am getting active again. I even look better. My husband stated I look more vibrant and can see a positive change in me. I have resolved myself to the fact that I'm an alcoholic, that it is a disease, and I have to treat it as such. I have been coming to MWO on a daily basis, have been going to AA meetings, have come cleand with my therapist, my husband and my dad. Also, I have been taking Campral consistently. It makes me a little drowsy, but I'm pushing myself through the lethargy and am keeping myself going... I intend on sticking with the Campral for 3 months or longer to make sure I'm squelching alcohol cravings. For now I don't have any. Last night while in AA, one of the women who has been AF for 5 stated that drinking for her "got old and that it is no longer fun". I can relate. It only gets me in trouble. I feel a big burden has been lifted off of my shoulders. Keep going.... You are making terrific progress. Just keep saying, "no".
              September 23, 2011

Comment

Feel Alive

very inspiring!!! keep on!!!

Comment

Feel Alive

Good for you! Congrats, and thanks for sharing, as you inspire others. I'm on day six and am loving the way I feel. I can't imagine ever drinking again, it feels that good to be sober.
                  Keep on Keeping on!!
                  Hugs,
                  imatree

Comment

Feel Alive

Keep on, your story is very inspiring!! Congratulations on 28 days AF and also for your recent positive experience when offered a drink. I love your positive attitude!!!

DG
                    Day 4 AF

(psst....I'm not one of the ugly ones. I'm one of the crazy ones)
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Feel Alive

Keepon, great job on the AF days. Glad to hear from you
                      bear
                      What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                      ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Feel Alive

Keepon, that is fantastic. I am pretty envious right now.

Reenie I am also so very proud of you- keep it going, I'm gonna pick an AF day with hubby but we aren't quite there yet. I know, I know, I need to just do it already.

Congrats guys! :goodjob:
                        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Feel Alive

:goodjob: Keepon! It's great to hear you feeling so good about yourself and so positive. It feels good how those days add up, doesn't it? Keep up the good work!

XOXOX,

Kathy
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Feel Alive

Keepon, Congrats on 28 days! Thats great! You sound incredible. I'm inspired.:thanks:
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Feel Alive

Thankyou all for your kind responses I really didnt expect my post to inspire anyone I was just saying how i feel........so it just goes to show......life can be just as good without alcohol......I have been naughty today though I bought myself a new book and a big bar or chocolate ooops.....but its just a treat for the weekend......hehehe.....take care all and thanks again xxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X