Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I AM A `NEWBIE` NO MORE...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something `strange` has happened to me, and I really can`t rationalize it all, other than to say that I now `feel` within myself that I am a `Newbie In Need` no more. I have loved checking into the Newbies thread on a daily basis to share all our highs and lows and spur each other on...........I have had the privilege of getting to know some very sweet people at Newbies, who have touched me deeply and I will send pms in thanks when time allows.

It`s suddenly all come together for me, and despite having a few tough encounters when I was really struggling with mods., and a major slip earlier this week, I feel that I have triumphed and that I am now well............I feel mods. will be plain-sailing for me from here on in.............am not in the least trivializing how great a struggle mods. can be...............it`s just that I`ve finally realized that drinking hardly at all is now how I wish to live my life.

Am only just entering my 6th consecutive week of moderating, but feel elated as I really and truly `know` within myself that I`ve `cracked it`, and that I will always adhere to my self-imposed rules about allowed drinking. As many of you know, I was 10 yrs. sober in the remote past, and threw that all away...........I now think that happening has made me stronger.............I am now well, and can enjoy a btl. of wine over a weekend, without allowing it to rule my life.

Since coming to M.W.O., I`ve really had to take stock of my life. I have done much soul-searching and now that my teenage daughter has taken unwell, I feel as if God has stepped in and allowed me to realize what really matters in this life.I no longer hanker after the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

This post amazes even myself.............less than 2 mths. ago, I was the most pitiful, despairing drunk, who held out no hope of getting well.

BUT!!!............I did get well............I am well, and that `wellness` was inside me all along, only it took all the love and support of my precious friends here to allow me to see that.

I feel liberated and able to get on with my life.

I just `know` that that I will never look back........I am not the strongest of believers, but really feel someone has been looking out for me, and He has given me the most wonderful of gifts.

I feel as if I have my life back, `out of the ashes` and am praying for any of you currently struggling, to whom I would say...........BELIEVE, and He will answer you, and you too will get well.

Simeybear posted a reply to me which caused me to ask for God`s help.........I will always be indebted to Simey.

Starlight Impress

Starlight, what a wonderful post. I feel better about everything in my life simply from reading about how great you are doing. Thank you!! You are such an inspiration to people.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Starlight - it is great to hear how well you are doing.
      Marcie

Comment

I rejoice with you and for you!!

So glad to hear you feel so well and so good about your journey!!

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm so happy you feel this way and I will be thinking of your daughter.:l

Comment

Congratulations Starlight for reaching that point where you just *know* inside yourself that you are on a different path now. That is inspiring for those of us who want to be where you are. I will be keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts and sending you positive vibes.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Star, that is fabulolous news, and can as I say that as a 'newbie' you gave out some of the best advice ever ...........

All the best to you and your daughter .........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Star I am proud for you and glad you feel so good about where you are.

We are all just getting started. Just yesterday I was playing with the grand sons, visiting with my wife and son. I feel alive again. It is wonderful to sit and listen to the birds, and just pay attention to the leaves on a tree.

We have so much to be grateful for in the midst of our burdens.

Thanks for being here

bear
                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

What a lovely post Star,

You always have so much time for us all. Both you and your daughters are in my prayers.

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

How wonderful for you and your family. Many blessings for moments and days full of love and joy to come......
                    Hugs,
                    imatree

Comment

Star

Well done, sweetpea. Believe.

magic xx :schmokin:
                      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                      I am in the next seat.
                      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Starlight, You are a wonderful inspiration to me and I will look forward to your posts on any thread. Glad you are doing so well. I will be thinking of you and your daughter. Take good care.
                        Lilac

Comment

Working...
                        X