60 Days :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 Days :)

Hi all Most of you don't know me well as I joined the group in May and only posted through my first month. Though through your sharing many of you gave me the strength to do what needed to be done. I felt like sharing my 60 days with you all partially to be accountable, to make note of the date and time, to reinforce the goodness that has come out of it and let others that are struggling know that it is possible.

I quit drinking and smoking at the same time. I had been sober for 4 years before tornado hit my life and I relapsed for 1 year 8 months. I'm facing some real challenges again but I am determined never to go down that path of darkness again. Reclaiming sobriety was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But this is 60 days later, the smoke is gone from my lungs, I've lost weight, the puffiness is gone from my face, I look and feel healthier, the alcohol is out of my system and most days I wake up inspired, optimistic and ready to take on my life as is. Life didn't change just because I quit drinking, but I did. I'm learning to be comfortable in my new skin and learning how to appreciate small things, taking time and breathing in the moments. I'm all here and some of it is painful and some memories of drinking days are painful but the past is gone forever and the today is what I have. I've come to realize I have the choice to make today anything I want it to be. Being without alcohol gives me the freedom to choose.
    I don't spend hours in an alcohol cloud, numb to everyone except myself, I don't spend time thinking of when and how to get my next drink, or how many or if how to pretend I haven't drank as much as I have. ::big sigh:: Real Freedom. It's a good place.

Thanks for listening. Good luck on what ever path you have chosen and have a truly wonderful day.
    Love & Light
    Padme
    Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

60 Days

Very inspirational. I hope to get there too.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

60 Days

Beautiful message!!

Padme,

Thank you so much for sharing.

Especially the "Life didn't change just because I quit drinking, but I did." That is such an important aspect.

Life doesn't get easier but I think we tend to forget that we don't make it any better by numbing it with alcohol we just make it worse.

The words "I am so happy" for you don't quite describe how I feel for your accomplishment. I wish I was a better writer. However, I do wish to convey something deeper than that and can't. Please know the feeling is there in my heart.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

60 Days

Padme, congratulations - what an accomplishment. You are an inspiration!!

Comment

60 Days

Padme, that is wonderful to hear. You found your life again and have made it better! i'm so happy for you. Bella xxx

Comment

60 Days

Great to hear, well done.
            Love Paula

Comment

60 Days

That was so good to read..Well done Padme..
              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

60 Days

Great going Padme. Keep on posting your progress!

Comment

60 Days

Thank you for a very inspirational post Padme.

Comment

60 Days

Thank you for sharing that and congrats on day 60!
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

60 Days

Congratulations Padme, so pleased for you. Janicex
                      AF since 9 May 2012
                      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

60 Days

way to go Padme! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story.

Marcie
                        Marcie

Comment

60 Days

Thank you

Thank you It means a lot to be able to share these kinds of things with others that understand.

Love & Light
                          Padme
                          Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

60 Days

I appreciate that there are those who sit on the outskirts of this forum who read, take inspiration put a foot in and may be daunted but you have achieved and now your post has not only inspired but kept it so balanced - it is 'us' who need to change - may the next 60 be as inspiring

Sal

Comment

Working...
                            X