Hi, New member, just need some encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, this is my very first post. Hope I'm doing this right. Just started on Topamax last Tuesday. Waiting for the kudzu and tapes to arrive. Just wondering, am I the only one just trying to cut down instead of stop drinking compeletly? I love my wine; I just want to drink less and avoid the drunkenness and downsides. Should I be expecting results already or is it just too soon? I sure could use some encouragement. Thanks,
    Voodoo Queen
    :new: :new:

Hi Voodoqueen! Welcome! There are many here who are trying to cut down/moderate their drinking. For some it is complete abstinence and others they want to get control of their drinking. If you check out "Monthly moderation" thread, you will find others with the same goals as yourself.

Comment

Welcome Voodoo,
      This is a great thread for Topamax questions: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/

Monthly Moderation is a great suggestion too. Glad you found us!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

:welcome: VQ! Whlle I have been on this site a few months, I too just started the topa on Tuesday. 25mg. I plan to move up slowly. Good luck to you
        Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Hi Voodooqueen & :welcome: (love your name by the way)

I have been here 7 months and I am happy with my moderating, I cut down gradually then did 17 days af in January, since then I have moderated and have enjoyed it.

Check out the monthly mods section, we all share our progress everyday.

Love & Hugs, BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi VoodooQueen.:welcome:
            This is a great place.

Comment

Hiya VoodooQueen and welcome,

Lots of very very helpful people here...The best thing to do is read...Enjoy your stay at hotel MWO
              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I guess I'll just take it day by day. The more I read, the more it seems I'm really going to need the tapes and Kudzu to round out my program. I'm only on 25 mg of Topamax right now, and I can't say I've cut down on my drinking much. But I really want to. I told my doctor I could do it. Now I feel I have to prove I can! Any suggestions for making my moderation goal work will be greatly appreciation. Blessings and good gris gris to you all. Voodoo Queen.

Comment

Welcome, VooDoo!

It takes a while for the Topamax to kick in, but as others have suggested, be sure to check out the Topa threads in the other forum. I've worked myself up (again) to 75 mgs and find that it's cut my drinking waaay back. But for me, it's the exercise and cds that really help when the Topamax has knocked out the cravings but the nasty habit is still there.

Welcome again... it's a great place to be.

G:welcome:

Comment

Hey VooDoo :welcome:

I don't have much to say. I have never tried Topa but can swear by the Kudzu and the tapes and RJ's book. I am too scared to try mods so have chosen to go abs. I guess I am totally USELESS!!!! Sorry.

But I do want to say that friendship is abundant here. Tell us your success stories (we LOVE to hear those) and tell us your failures (we all have some of those). Keep posting. Welcome to our party!
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hi there,

I am TRYING to moderate but its not happening let me tell you. I am not keen on taking any supplements at this stage as I am determined to do it on my own, as of next Monday hehehehehe
                      Good job!:goodjob:

Comment

Welcome, I am glad you found us
                        bear
                        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Thanks for the kind words of welcome. Kudzu arrived last night, so I just need the tapes to round out my plan. I'd like to kick the topamax up to 50, but I'm only 5' 2" tall (weight 146) so I don't know how much I can tolerate. I'll check out the link you suggested. Thanks for the encouragement. Voodoo Queen will succeed!

Comment

Welcome!!!

wishing you much success in your journey!
                            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X