BIG WEEKEND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG WEEKEND

I had a sales meeting this past weekend. All weekend. It was good. The last night alcohol flowed freely at the final get together. Ok no beer was served which is my drink, only hard alcohol and wine. So it was easy for me to remain AF. But it was really icky to watch everyone get so slauched. The women especially. How absoultly unattractive it made them.
    I am so proud to be alcohol free.
    Gabby :flower:

BIG WEEKEND

You have got a hell of a lot to be proud of...And did you still enjoy the night?
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Ya mack, it was ok I still socialized and hung in till the end. I even laughed a little. It was funny watchin the lady that was drunkest tryin to pick up on my boyfriend. lol

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Gabby

Isn't it great to see how stupid you used to look and know you don't look like that anymore. Now the laugh is on them!!!

Fantastic job - it must have been hard - but very amusing.

Not a drunken slob anymore. I'll drink to that (lemonade)
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

HaHa..Glad you enjoyed it..It was lucky though..Steaming drunk women who cant walk straight and with smudged makeup are so very attractive.
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Congrats on making it through AF. I have noticed since I quit that people who are real drunk are some of he most obnoxious people I have been around in a long time. lol I know I was the same way, but I never realized how bad it was. Now I understand why my wife didn’t want to hold any deep conversations when I was plastered.

bear
            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Fantastic Gabby, isn't it amazing how much you observe now? I sometimes get embarrassed when I think I used to be the drunk woman hitting on your boyfriend. (in a manner of speaking), Great job gal! keepit up!
              Hugs
              Mar

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Way to go Gabby!!!!
                Control the Mind

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Well done Gabby

And thanks for that. Another incentive not to drink. I knew alcohol made me merry and oblivious to how I looked, but I will bear that in mind.

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Well done, Gabby love! I always prided myself on being a NOT OBNOXIOUS drunk, but who knows how I really looked to others?? Not nearly as elegant as I thought, I would imagine!

:shocked: :shocked:
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Thanks guys.

Ya Mags, the laugh was for sure on them. Funny but sad too. Geeze Mack....were you there? That's exactly what happened. The lady was "steaming drunk and couldn't walk straight". And her "makeup was so smudged" she didn't look good at all. She was really nice till she over drank. I felt bad for her. And ya....she didn't look good at all. And her friend looked like she was gonna fall off her chair.

And MD, thanks but I don't need the congrats. It was easy. (this time) Like Mar said, it was embarrassing to watch. Man.....I wonder if I EVER looked like that? How aweful.

Hey Rock! Great seein you. Glad your here. : )

And Lotus, Thanks to you and me both. Good incentive to keep in mind.....FOREVER!

Ya Kath....that's what I always thought about me too. I just don't think I ever did that. Gawd....I hope not!!!!

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

{{{{{{Gabs}}}}}}

I'm so proud of you!
                        I'm sure your "boyfriend" loved that his date was a sober lady!

I love you.
                        Nancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Great Job Gabby!

You should be so proud of yourself!

Marcie
                          Marcie

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Great job Gabby. And to think I have been that "utterly charming" woman far too many times in my past.
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

BIG WEEKEND

Ah com'on.....not you lushy!

Comment

Working...
                              X