Live outside the Bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live outside the Bottle

This is not nearly as profound as it may sound. I was driving yesterday and saw a billboard with "Live Outside The Bottle" scrawled across it with a picture of some poor man drowning in a beer bottle. I came home and found the websight.
    Apparently it's an national educational campaign to inform people that alcoholism is a disease and how this hopes to lessen the stigma that goes along with it and encourange people to seek help.

Oh, the campaign is slyly sponsored by 2 pharmacetical companies, but hey--if it helps someone get help than great.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along. I made the mistake of taking the interactive quiz:
    "Do you have a drinking problem?" Um...well, I think we all knew the answer to that already.
    Alcoholism: Alcohol Addiction, Alcoholism Disease, and Alcoholism Treatment - www.liveoutsidethebottle.com

Live outside the Bottle

I too checked that website out before finding this wonderful site.

Contrary to popular opinion; Moms, pharmacutical companies and doctors don't know everything.

PS I'll be posting more of these ads in the picture section.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/286757=1284-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/286757=1285-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Live outside the Bottle

I like that sloagen!
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Live outside the Bottle

soccermom......who is that guy?
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Live outside the Bottle

They are promoting the heck out of that site on Sirius Satellite Radio as well. I will skip the quiz because none of those quizzes ever have the answer I really am looking for. They all say I have a drinking problem. Hmppphhh!!!!

Gabby, shame on you for not knowing who Soccermom's avatar is.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Live outside the Bottle

It's Freddie Mercury of Queen, Gabby! Silly Girl! You have earned your title today. XOXOX!
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Live outside the Bottle

You are not going to say you do not know who Queen is are you Gabby? Don't make me sing some of their songs for you.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Live outside the Bottle

That's quite a powerful message and slogan!

Please don't make Lushy sing......
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                X