Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies, what is your best kept beauty secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Ladies, now that you have all this extra time to prime and primp because you are not drinking (or soon will have the time), what is your best kept beauty secret?

For soft skin, I read in Health Magazine, to rub olive oil on your body, let it soak in for a few hours then shower. I did this once, and it seemed to work well.

Bootcamp Barbie - what can you share from your bag of tricks?!

TC

I love the home made facials. The one I like best is honey and egg white as it tighten pores, or a mixture of gram flour, corn meal, teaspoon of tumeric and make a paste with natural yogurt. It is cooling and you look radiant.

I tend to get red-faced when having a drink and therefore have a tendency to have open pores. There is no permanent way of getting rid of open pores but if you get and ice cube and rub it over the pores it tightens them. Even better if you freeze grated cucumber and use that instead.

Comment

My best kept beauty secret? No Alcohol!......I look like I'm alive now rather than the walking dead!!!!!

Comment

My 12 year old daughter says :

'if you have dark hair and want it to be shiny, mix well 4 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 eggs together, rub through hair , leave for 10 minutes then rinse well with warm water'

Voila - shiny hair !
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

I religiously put lotion all over my whole body and face after I take a shower.

The last time I quit drinking and lost 80 pounds, I didn't have any stretch marks and my peaches & cream complexion made me look about 10 years younger.

Comment

You beat me to it Bella!!!
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

My secret? Steal and hide the man's glasses.

Seriously, this is a timely thread for me. I let myself go in so many ways. I deserve better treatment from me! So thanks for all the good ideas. I am not so patiently waiting for some butt shrinkage that SURELY should come after dumping well over 1,000 calories (not to mention the sugar factor) in booze per day.

Patience is the one virtue I want today.

DG
              Day 8 AF********
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My best kept beauty secret ?

Why, shed a man, of course!!! LOL

*N.B.* - apply with caution, i.e., only if he`s a loser!! ha ha ha

Starlight Impress

Comment

No booze and lots of sleep.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Just as my beauty consultant RJ says. No booze, lots of water, and lots of exercise. Great thread. I'm going to try some of the facials - but olive oil in my hair - I'm not sure I can go there!
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Stealing a man's glasses or shedding men - too funny y'all!

Here's another tip I did this weekend to busy myself and keep my thoughts off wine. Clean out your closet.

I'm always scrambling because I have nothing to wear. In reality I have plenty (3 closets full of sizes ranging from 6-24). I recently bought a pair of white pants. During my closet cleaning I found a brand new pair ... grrr. So here's the plan:

- Give old yucky stuff to charity.
                      - Organize remaining clothes by size first, then type: pants, skirts, blouses, then color.
                      - Separate sizes with a belt buckled to the rod. My sections are Now, Soon and Later.

So this excercise kept my mind off drinking, will save me money since I now know what I have, and will keep me motivated/sober seeing those cute little outfits I'm itching to wear again.

Comment

eye bright from benefit......brilliant

Comment

Frownies - You can get them at Walgreen's. Frownies on ... Frown lines gone!
                          I may look silly when I go to bed but heck my hubby loves it that I take care of myself.

I also love Eminence - Stone Crop Body Lotion. I have been using it for a couple of years and love it! I love using it on my decollette and I think women forget that area and It's organic skin lotion and it's great for sun damaged skin and the plant stone crop gently lightens pigmentation and age spots. I notice a difference in my hands after using this lotion. My brother always told me that you can tell a woman's age by looking at her hands.
                          I also just got their stone crop serum which has the vitamin C, and E and other Bioflavoids that are great to helps slow down the skins aging process. You can also use this on your neck and decollette area and sometimes I will put a drop on top of my hands.

I was using this really other expensive Vitamin C serum so I am going to give this Stone Crop Serum a try. Go to this site Eminence Organics of Hungary / All Natural Skincare Products / BuyNaturalSkincare.com

We had stores that carried Eminence products and they shut down so I found this website and they ship super fast and gave me lots of samples. I was really happy with them.

Happier

Comment

Lots of sex, its keeps the weight off.....:blush:
                            Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

A nice "All OVER TAN" with maybe just a tiny little tan line here or there... (that means a LOT of time on the water for me!)
                              and lots of humor,:H ,lotion, oil, & sex!

And Hubby probably really needs glasses,... but I'm not gonna tell him!LOL
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X