Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speak/think for yourself.........if you dare!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I'm a newbie ... still finding my way around this site, and trying to make some positive changes.. (yadda yadda yadda) ... Just wanted to say that I hope you don't feel bullied out of this place because of someone, or anyone. I'm still new, so don't know what's what really, or all of the dynamics. But I am a member of a couple other boards (weight watchers for one) where people come in and are just plain nasty, for whatever reason. They'll fade away, or be ignored .... don't let them take away the good things that this site or the people here have given you.. or that you've given them.

Sorry that I'm such a newbie and can't really see what's happened... but I really just wanted to put my word in here. In my short time on this site, I feel really close to it. *hug*

~Catt
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

I obviously missed a lot, since I can't be here 24/7, but I am sad if any member has been hurt by another. I don't know what happened, but if someone has been sending negative PMs, you must inform RJ.

As for Idiot_wind, I thought we had gone thru that already in his previous "thought-provoking" post. He has his own style and I can see that he can be taken to be offensive, but I don't think he means to. The serious shit is when somebody really means to be offensive. That has happened to me with an extrememly nasty PM, which I reported to RJ. If that is the case here, pls, strarlight, report it. AND i am not the only one who will be sad if we lose starlight, who always has interesting comments and good advice.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

(((Starlight))) If you feel u must go, it will be a shame, u will be very much missed. I hope as someone else said that this is just a short hiatus and you will feel you want to come back. Like the song said, don't throw out the whole bushel of apples because of a few ones.

Whatever you do, take care.:l

Comment

Hi Star,
          We've not had many dealings with each other, which is strange, as I live just up the road from you (Airdrie), but I've always found you to be thoroughly straight and your posts invariably interesting. I'm sorry you feel the need to leave, but whatever, you have my kindest regards and my best wishes.

Comment

As this thread is all about speaking up I have to say Beatle that you have a very selective memory considering you were one of the people who, for whatever the reason, were posting on the thread in question by Idiot_Wind.

Did you temporarily lose your marbles when you made this statement? "The serious shit is when somebody really means to be offensive" did you actually read the thread you were posting on?

I read that thread and it was totally provacative, with every intention on his part to wind people up. It was so bad I complained to RJ and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Now whilst during the thread Idiot Wind admitted to having drank a few glasses of wine I do not think that would be a sufficicient amount to make him drunk enough to not know what he was doing.

My blood is boiling right now, at the simple lack of accountabilty here.

Kitty
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
            Confucius

Comment

I think everyone has a selective memory but that is besides the point.

Idiot_Wind did write something that on the surface was very offensive. I wrote that I disagreed with what he had said, but I took it to be a joke, which he confirmed in the answer, in which he negated any prejudice at all. That was enough for me.

I won't be drawn further into this. I like this place and everyone here and as long as their intentions are good, I accept it. Pls, let's not forget that we come from different cultures and we have different ways to express ourselves...

p.s. I believe my marbles are in place.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

SKendall;165912 wrote: The post that many are referring to was posted last night. It made fun of Americans and black people, etc. Two other members were involved and it was upsetting. It may have also been posted under the influence as Idiot Wind confessed.

RJ removed the post today.
                I am glad tha you explained this in detail I was beginning to get confused. Starlight I truly hope that you reconcider. if the above is what is truly upsetting you.
                We need to keep the people who really help each other on this site. If it's for other reasons farewell be well
                trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Starlight, we have all had a tough time in the last few days here ..........

Please don't disappear from here ........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

psst can we let this thread drop?
                    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Working...
                    X