Old Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Mail

I found this article in the mail from last September. Southern Bell posted it and I think amost everyone here read it at the time. I think there are enough new people here that it is good to post it again. It is so close to home.

dateline.msnbc

Audrey's story

We all have loved ones on the roads........

Nancy
    Road to recovery - Dateline NBC - MSNBC.com
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Old Mail

good one bear
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Old Mail

Thanks for bringing that one back. So scary that she was in a blackout.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Old Mail

Thank you so much for posting this.
        "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Old Mail

I'm very glad you shared this. I think my reaction to the article today is much different than it would have been even a few short months ago - before I made the decision to get my own drinking under control.

3 months ago: I probably would have thought to myself that I really need to be extra careful about making sure not to drive.

Today: Of course drinking and driving is the headline. But the tragedies go way beyond that. The lives lost - both for those who died and those who are technically still alive. I am sad for all the players in this story. And for me, reading this just solidifies even further for me that I'm sick of alcohol being part of my life.

DG
          Day 9 AF
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X